• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Additional "cgi-bin" folder for every hosted domain after migration

Nextgen-Networks

Basic Pleskian
TITLE:
Additional "cgi-bin" folder for every hosted domain after migration
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 Update #32
Plesk Migrator 2.12.0-219
Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS‬
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
Migrated from old host (same Plesk but different Ubuntu version -> 14.04.05 LTS). In migrated web directories of all(!) domains there has been left a NEW directory that was not there on the source server.

This directory is named "cgi-bin".
It contains an test subfolder with an file named "test.cgi".

This behavior / files / structure may lead to errors in your applications (for me: upgrade of nextcloud because of structure integrity checks).

funny sidefact:
Migrated subdomains and folders that are not connected with domains did not contain that additional subfolder.​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Migrate with Plesk Migrator.​
ACTUAL RESULT:
every folder of an migrated domain contains an "cgi-bin" folder​
EXPECTED RESULT:
there should be no additional "cgi-bin" folder ;-)​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

Unable to reproduce in test environment on migration from Plesk Onyx 17.0 on Ubuntu 14 to Plesk Onyx 17.5 on Ubuntu 16.
Please clarify version of Plesk on source server.

Hi IgorG

as written in "PROBLEM DESCRIPTION" both Server had the same Plesk Version (17.5.3 Update #32) installed when the problem was posted.
Now both are on Update #33 - but i've no possibility to test the behavior again.

Checked on migration:
from - Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 Update #34, Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS‬
to - Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 Update #34, Ubuntu 16.04 LTS‬
Not reproduced.

So, I would recommend creating a request to support team to do the in-depth investigation to find the reason and to fix it. Please create a ticket to support at Plesk Help Center

Back