• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Additional FTP Accounts Error

ZieglerM

Basic Pleskian
Good Morning,

unfortunately i ran into another problem when trying to add additional FTP account:

- starting file manager and adding a new directory "/private/foo"
- adding a new FTP account "user: foo" "homedir: /private/foo"

after submitting the form i get the error message

"Error: There are FTP accounts linked to nonexistent physical directories."

i'm able to connect with user "foo" but with chroot "/private".

#ls -al private/
drwx------ 3 <user> psacln 4096 Jun 18 10:33 .
drwxr-xr-x 16 root root 4096 Jun 16 09:13 ..
drwxr-xr-x 2 <user> psacln 4096 Jun 18 10:33 foo

Any ideas please?

Thanks, Martin

As per the permission of private folder in the document directory, the ftp users are not having privilege to the access 'private' folder. This is the reason why we are getting this error.

Hence, to fix the issue, I recommend you to use location other than 'private' folder while creating user..

For example, you can use 'httpdocs' for creating the account. It is having sufficient permission.

I have no problem creating the folders in another location. I'm just wondering, because i used the private folder on Plesk 10 for a long time without issues.

Anyway, thanks for the quick reply.

FTP Issues

Good Morning,

unfortunately i ran into another problem when trying to add additional FTP account:

- starting file manager and adding a new directory "/private/foo"
- adding a new FTP account "user: foo" "homedir: /private/foo"

after submitting the form i get the error message

"Error: There are FTP accounts linked to nonexistent physical directories."

i'm able to connect with user "foo" but with chroot "/private".

#ls -al private/
drwx------ 3 <user> psacln 4096 Jun 18 10:33 .
drwxr-xr-x 16 root root 4096 Jun 16 09:13 ..
drwxr-xr-x 2 <user> psacln 4096 Jun 18 10:33 foo

Any ideas please?

Thanks, Martin

ZieglerM,

Much as you get that error in Plesk, the actual tasks are actually executed. Ie, the foo user is created and yes, you can create the folder and yes if you use the foo ftp username and its password you can upload files to the /private/foo/ folder.

I tested it here, and it worked fine for me ...

I'm having the same problem. I created a directory in private and set that as the new FTP user's home directory. I get the error "Error: There are FTP accounts linked to nonexistent physical directories."

But the FTP account works and the user is jailed into the home directory.

Can I safely ignore the error?

I don't want the user uploading to something in httpdocs. This FTP account is so we can receive large files privately from clients. If I made the directly inside the document root, then I'd have to password protect it. This saves a step and doesn't clutter the document root.

Back