• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Additional FTP user can't create "lib" folder (permission denied)

Pan_Duke

Basic Pleskian
hi all,

this is a dedicated server with plesk 12.0.8 and CentOS 6.6

i created a domain, created a subdomain and finally created an additional ftp user with root the subdomain's root folder

i login via ftp client as the additional user and trying to upload the project files. everything is uploaded just fine except of the folder called "lib". ...
can't upload one, can't create one.
i can do everything of the above with the default ftp user but not with the additional one...

i changed to 777 still nothing, created a lib folder inside another folder and tried to move it to subdomain's root still i get "permission denied"

can somebody give me a tip please, what could be the problem?

Hi Pan_Duke,

you could solve your issue by creating the desired "lib" - folder over ssh as root and correct the permissions as followed:

As root over ssh:
Code:
mkdir -p /var/www/vhosts/YOUR-DOMAIN.COM/httpdocs/lib
chown DOMAIN-SYSTEM-USER:psacln /var/www/vhosts/YOUR-DOMAIN.COM/httpdocs/lib

or for a subdomain:

mkdir -p /var/www/vhosts/starshoch2.de/SUBDOMAIN.YOUR-DOMAIN.COM/lib
chown DOMAIN-SYSTEM-USER:psacln /var/www/vhosts/starshoch2.de/SUBDOMAIN.YOUR-DOMAIN.COM/lib

Your additional FTP - user doesn't have the right to change permissions to "DOMAIN-SYSTEM-USER : psacln", which are the standard permissions for files and folders INSIDE the documentroot of your domain/subdomain.

hi UFHH01 and thank you for your answer.

I had tried such change but via sftp with root account and privilages. I had no luck.i don't seem to understand but additionalvftp user does not exist.....! you see when he creates a folder chown shows the main user and not the additional one.It is the main user for the domain and noone else. When the folder has permisions for the domain user, additional user cannot create certain folders like lib, but he can create other folders like "images" etc.
anyway, since then i was fprced to create another domain just for the project ,so i could share the main user with the others guys.
I will try to go back and test your method, but still even if lid folder exists additional user would never have the rights to write inside i believe.

i will provide feedback as soon as i return from my vacation

cheers

Back