• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Additional Services and Custom Buttons

L

lhwparis

Bugs: Additional Services and Custom Buttons

Some things i found sorry for not using the full bug report form but it costs many time to fill it completly for all this bugs.
Hope you can reproduce the bugs IgorG

---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Plesk, 10.1.1, Ubuntu 10.04, x64

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Bug1: if you set an Additional Service in "Service Plans"->"Additional services" it is shown on the "Home" Tab of the CustomerPanel. If you add some custom Buttons to the "Home" Tab too. The additional Services from the Service plan are no longer visible. only the custom buttons are shown!

Bug2: if i add an "Service Plans"->"Additional service" and use this URL: "../test/index.php" the Link on the Home Tab points to right direction (http://domain.tld:8443/test/index.php) BUT the button in "Websites & Domains" Tab Points to: http://domain.tld:8443/smb/test/index.php so it is not possible to break out from smb directory with "../" if you try to do that the button in Websites & Domains is broken!

Bug3: Why is it possible to use parameters like Primary Domain name, Subscription ID and some others for additional services but NOT for custom buttons placed at the "Home" Tab? its the identical possion why is there a different behavior?

Bug4: Why is it possible to "Open URL in Parallels Panel" for custom buttons but this option is not available for "Service Plans"->"Additional services" ??

Bug5: The bug i reported there: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=109449

Are additional services not nearly the same as custom buttons? Some features are only available for custom buttons some things are only available for addition services... why not merge this two things?

Feature request1: Why is there this "Additional service" box on home tab? it would be very much cooler their is an own box for each additional service (custom button) with the icon left and the big headline with the name of the additional servce and the description directly visible not only as tooltip! now we have a big headline "additional services" a description which describes what an additional service is and a small little link to the service itself!

Feature request2: Why is it not possible to add an additional service to a subscription with an Add-on?

Feature request3: There are no plesk events i can use to run some custom scripts when a subscription with an "addition service" is created :( this would be very helpful.

Feature request4: Give us more options where we can include additional services like additional tabs in the main navigation of the CustomerPanel for example.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, but I can't forward this huge collection to developers due to one simple rule - one problem - one report.

arrrr i spent a lot time to post this to help you fixing bugs and all you say is have to spent more time....

if you set an Additional Service in "Service Plans"->"Additional services" it is shown on the "Home" Tab of the CustomerPanel. If you add some custom Buttons to the "Home" Tab too. The additional Services from the Service plan are no longer visible. only the custom buttons are shown!

ACTUAL RESULT
Additional services are only shown on customer home tab when there are no custom buttons. if there are custom buttons and additional services the additional services are not shown

EXPECTED RESULT
both, additional services and custom buttons should be shown

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
-
--------------------------------------------------------------

if i add an "Service Plans"->"Additional service" and use this URL: "../test/index.php" the Link on the Home Tab points to right direction (http://domain.tld:8443/test/index.php) BUT the button in "Websites & Domains" Tab Points to: http://domain.tld:8443/smb/test/index.php so it is not possible to break out from smb directory with "../" if you try to do that the button in Websites & Domains is broken!

ACTUAL RESULT
you have to use a full URL (http://...) otherwise there is no way to break out from "smb" directory. if you try it with URL starting with ../ it works on the customer home tab but button in "Websites & Domains" is broken

EXPECTED RESULT
it should not break the button in "Websites & Domains" when an URL starts with ../ because it also worked for custom buttons for years

-

Why are there different parameters and options between additional services and custom buttons? it is possible to use parameters like Primary Domain name, Subscription ID and some others for additional services but NOT for custom buttons placed at the "Home" Tab? its the identical posision why is there a different behavior?

Why is it possible to "Open URL in Parallels Panel" for custom buttons but this option is not available for "Service Plans"->"Additional services" ??

ACTUAL RESULT
cant understand why some options are only available for custom buttons and some others only for additional services when they are shown on the exect same possision (CustomerPanel Home Tab)

EXPECTED RESULT
it should be possible to use this parameteres for CustomButtons placed on Customer HomeTab too and there should be a way to open an additional service in the plesk panel.

Are additional services not nearly the same as custom buttons? Some features are only available for custom buttons some things are only available for addition services... why not merge this two things?

i hope thats ok now and you can reproduce this problems?

do i have to fill such reports for feature requests too?
maybe you can say a little what you think about that feature request

thanks IgorG

Igor any news to this? With all this bugs i cant provide some of my custom services

a few weeks ago since last update, 3 micro-updates but still no solution or answer to this?

Back