• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Admin Info --> Changing Email

L

LukasP

Hi,

just have a question...in Plesk 9.5.3 there was no problem to set in the Admin Info Panel (Profile) any Email Adress you wanted. I had there a local Email Adress from one of my domains on the server.
Well...after upgrading to Plesk 10.1 i entered the same adress again, but Plesk showed me an error...that the entered information is wrong. I tried some of the other local Mail Adresses...but always the same result. Then i took a *yahoo and *gmx mail and they both worked. Why is that so ?

How can I reenter my local Mail Adress from one of the domains on that server. Am I missing something ? Thx for help :)

In the Editing Administrator Profile :

Error: Unable to update administrator information: Some fields are empty or contain an improper value.

It's with every Email Adress which I made on that particular server...i tried some more. Every Adress which wasn't created on that server is working and I got no error !

Is it possible to change the adress via shell ? If yes, how ?

Btw....I am using Postfix for mails and not qmail...if that makes any difference. But all my emails are working...I tried that before...sending to local adresses, sending to *yahoo, *gmx..., and receiving locally and/or from *yahoo, *gmx and so on. So that is working.

But somehow after entering an email adress which was created on that server he checks that and gives me that error. I didn't change a thing with the adresses...they were working for months and also Plesk 9.5.3 and 9.5.4 was sending me there Server messages...and I could enter in the Editing Administrator Profile a Email Adress created on the server withoout getting an error.

I was testing a little bit with all the settings. I changed the "extern" Mail Adress to root@servername . And then send an email to that adress. The thing is that the mail arrived, but is now in the queue. Every mail I am sending to root@servername is stuck in queue.
Done some reading..and wanted to change the etc/aliases file

At the beginning it says :

# It is probably best to not work as user root and redirect all
# email to "root" to the address of a HUMAN who deals with this
# system's problems. Then you don't have to check for important
# email too often on the root account.
# The "\root" will make sure that email is also delivered to the
# root-account, but also forwared to the user "joe".
#root: joe, \root
# Basic system aliases that MUST be present.
postmaster: root

Ok...so I just uncommented the line --> root: joe, \root

and entered instead :

root:[email protected]

Saved the file...started the prog "newaliases"...started also Postfix again (although not needed). And then I send another mail..again to root@servername. But unfortunately it's the same..they all get stuck in queue. Somehow i can't forward them.

Back