• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Admin is already logged in

R

RickR

I get an error message that Admin is already logged in. This is a new install 10.1.1 on Windows 2008 R2 Web Edition. I had been logged in the previous day and I had not manually logged out. The page being displayed is the uploade new reg key file. The next day I applied a new test key since the window was still there, up and running. After I uploaded the file I was kicked out of Plesk Panel. I tried to log in but it said that Admin was already logged in. I rebooted the OS and tried again. I'm getting the same message. I expect there is a MySQL table that has a record with Admin as logged in. What is the MySQL statement I need to remove the Admin Logged In record?

in left menu click Tools & Utilities in Server Management section, then click on button Active Sessions in 'Panel' fieldset, you will see list of active sessions with their IP addresses. You can remove all old sessions there except your current one.

Thank you for the reply however your directions are not the directions or advice that I need, although appreciated.

I cannot log into Plesk. When I try to log in I get a message on my browser that the Admin is already logged in. This is a fresh or new or clean install and there are no other User IDs that I can use to log in and administer Plesk. I can't log in as another user to remove Admin as you describe.

I believe this is a Plesk MySQL table or record problem. What I need is the directions or steps to remove the record or records in the Plesk MySQL database. I am a Microsoft SQL expert but I am not a MySQL expert. I am looking for MySQL steps and directions that I type in on the DOS command line. Thanks in advanced!!! ;)

Ok, sorry for misunderstanding. So you are returned to login screen with message that Admin is already logged? Can you please show screenshot. Looks very strange.

Please check file "%plesk_dir%\admin\logs\panel.log", maybe there will be real error logged?

I am a Microsoft SQL expert but I am not a MySQL expert. I am looking for MySQL steps and directions that I type in on the DOS command line.

Plesk admin database can be switched to MSSQL if you want. This can be done using Plesk Reconfigurator tool. You can find it in Start menu, or launch directly from %plesk_dir%\admin\bin\reconfigurator.exe

Screen Shots

I'll try to attach the first screen shot.

When I log in after the PC has been setting for a while, it appears that Admin was logged out because I get this screen shot with the following text:

ERROR: PleskFatalException
Owner not defined

Additionally, an exception has occurred while trying to report this error: PleskFatalException
Owner not defined

0: UserManager.php:73
UserManager::getParenUser(object of type UserReseller)
1: CommonUser.php:467
CommonUser->getParentUser()
2: elements.php3:1178
getCustomPageTitle(object of type UserReseller)
3: elements.php3:1111
getPleskTitle(string '')
4: index.php:181

I'm logging as "Admin". Isn't this correct?

Never mind! I needed to log in as "admin".

It seems to me that the error message should say that "Admin" doesn't exist. Seems to me there's a lingering bug or some missing code.

It seems that my previous attachment didn't get attached. The final screen shot is what I get after I tried to log in as "Admin".

Attachments

• AdminAlreadyLoggedIn.jpg
    AdminAlreadyLoggedIn.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 8
Support response...

For future reference support responded with the following which I have not tested.

To delete the sessions from psa database, please, use the following commands:

%plesk_dir%\mysql\bin\mysql.exe -uadmin -pXXXXX -P8306 (where "XXXXX" Plesk admin's password)

mysql> use psa;

mysql> delete from sessions where login like "%admin%";

After that you will be able to access Plesk Panel.

The issue has happened because the setting "Allow multiple sessions for administrator's account" is disabled. To enable this setting, please, go to Plesk Panel -> My Profile -> Profile & Preferences -> check the box "Allow multiple sessions for administrator's account".

Also, please, check the specified allowed time for the idle session: Plesk Panel -> Settings -> Session Idle Time. Correct it if needed.

For security reasons you may allow administrator's access only from specified IP addresses. To do that, please, go to Plesk Panel -> Settings -> security -> restrict administrative access and specify there allowed IP addresses.

Also, check Plesk functionality and update us if there any problem left.

first of all, I need to understand - do you have disabled option "Allow multiple sessions for administrator's account" yourself? because by default it should be enabled. If not - then this is already suspicious.

I will tune support suggestion a little:
cd %plesk_bin%
dbclient --direct-sql --sql="delete from sessions where login like 'admin'"

Such approach is better, it will work even if you switch admin database to MSSQL.

After that try to log in again. Please report if error appeared again.

p.s. error you have reported looks very strange. Please execute this query and post results here:
dbclient --direct-sql --sql="select login, type from clients where login = 'admin'"

Nuke Admin Session

I tried via SSH:

service psa restart

and it reset Admin session (as I'm the only one using the server it didn't matter).

Quick and simple, hope it helps someone!

I tried via SSH:

service psa restart

and it reset Admin session (as I'm the only one using the server it didn't matter).

Sorry, but this thread about Plesk for Windows and Unix commands cannot be applied on Windows.

Top response

I tried via SSH:

service psa restart

Although not windows related - it still helped me! So thanks for taking the time to post!

Back