• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

admin login help

S

swebs

Need some help.

I cant seem to login to the control panel as "admin".

I can login to mysql as admin with the password that I know is the admin password but for some reason the control panel keeps giving me a "Login is incorrect".

Its actually giving the "Login is incorrect" for any login.

I tried the "service psa restart" but that didnt seem to help.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance

Make sure that your IP is accepted by the server. Try to issue the following command:

echo "UPDATE misc set val='allow' where param='access_policy' | mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa

nice thanks.

I wonder what changed.

Why does the .psa.passwd file have the admin password in there in plain text? Can't anyone on the box with shell access can see it?

Originally posted by swebs
Why does the .psa.passwd file have the admin password in there in plain text? Can't anyone on the box with shell access can see it?

No, it should be locked down so only a user with root (or psaadm) access can read it - but I agree - it's not good programming ethics to have the password to administer a server lying around the system in plaintext. It may pose a risk if someone gains root access (through Apache or some other application) to reading files on the system.

Back