• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

admin login impossible

P

philippd

hallo,

i cant login in into the plesk web panel as admin user

i get the german message "Benutzername wurde gesperrt" which means the same like "username has been locked".

what does this mean? did i use the wrong passwort? (that would be possible because im not sure about it) or happened something else?

because what i dont understand is that the name has been "locked" - who could have locked the admin user??

thank you
Philipp

Run: mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa -e "delete from lockout"
Then: cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow

Then you'll see your admin password, and login will be unlocked. Good luck.

The 'Admin' user can be locked out due to either too many unsuccessful login attempts, or having exceeded the number of simultaneous logins.

For example, if you login and then close the browser without logging out, that will hold one login session 'open', if you do this too many times, then you may not be able to re-login until one of the previous sessions expires/times-out.

If it is due to unsuccessful login attempts (like someone trying to guess the admin password), then usually it will auto-unlock after 30 minutes.

Back