• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Admin panel expired certificate

RingoStar77

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 10.13
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi!

I cannot access the plesk admin panel through SSL on domain.com anymore. Firefox says 'SEC_ERROR_EXPIRED_CERTIFICATE'.

Plesk was configured to use an existing let's encrypt certificate from domain.com

I can call domain.com without any problems. Certificate is fine there. But as soon as I want to access the admin panel under domain.com:8443 I get the above-noted error. I have already tried to renew the certificate, but this did not help. I also did 'plesk repair web -sslcerts domain.com' - no errors were resolved.

Thanks for your quick reply! I was able to login but I don't know, how to reconfigure the certificate. As I mentioned above, I am using an existing one.

When you navigate in Plesk to Tools & Settings > SSL/TLS Certificates, what's selected/listed after "Certificate for securing Plesk"?

What's the reason you've selected a certificate from a different domain to secure Plesk, instead of the default Lets Encrypt certificate from server pool?

There's actually no reason for this. I have changed the setting to use Let's Encrypt from the server pool, but the issue persists.

Makes more sense to to use the Let's Encrypt from the server pool, as that the default certificate to secure Plesk. Now to might need to renew the certificate again by clicking the + Let's Encrypt button on the Tools & Settings > SSL/TLS Certificates page.

Sorry to hear that didn't solve your issue. Only suggestion I have left is to open an ticket with Plesk support so they can investigate the issue on your server directly.

Could be that
# service sw-engine restart
loads the correct certificate after the change in the panel.

I have consulted the technical support and they have fixed it with the following command:

plesk bin server_pref --update -panel-certificate "Lets Encrypt certificate"

Back