• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Advanced ModSecurity Rules by Atomicorp missing in plesk control panel

phonia

New Pleskian
I installed the Advanced ModSecurity Rules by Atomicorp extension, purchased the license.
The rules of Advanced ModSecurity Rules by Atomicorp in the Modsecurity panel (web application firewall) does not appear.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling modsecurity but the problem remains.

Attachments

• 2022-04-19_17-13-59.jpg
    2022-04-19_17-13-59.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 2022-04-19_17-12-48.jpg
    2022-04-19_17-12-48.jpg
    851.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 2022-04-19_17-12-19.jpg
    2022-04-19_17-12-19.jpg
    583.3 KB · Views: 21
According to PPP-47555, it's expected that the feature will be released in Q2 2022.

April 19th 2022 User asked when this would work. The reason I say this is there is no indication or anything to tell you that if you use one of the most widely used OS this will not work. It seems most have switched to or use these shown below. Who is it installing this rule set that is not using these below? Perhaps some, but not the majority. I know that I too wasted almost a whole day trying to make this work and I have a good understanding. I knew something is wrong and when they told me they are not compatible I felt stupid for doubting myself 7 hours earlier.
  • CentOS 8 and its forks (AlmaLinux, Rocky Linux)
  • Ubuntu 20.04
I was told two weeks ago these rules would be ready to work by now. Now I see this was said 6 months ago as well. They really need to make it very apparent that these rules only work for some, and then list those OS they work with . Don't let people get in there and blow a day trying to make them work.

Even Atomicorp support could not figure out why they do not work. It seems like they did not know they are not working here either. They contacted Plesk since I could not, and then we all found out that they don't when another support tech for CPLicense instantly knew they don't. So maybe Plesk has forgotten about these. I also do not see the free Atomicorp set that the documentation states is installed with plesk.

Just frustration

I probably do not need them anyway. Might be saving me money. I probably will not try to install again so maybe its a good thing

what about ubuntu 22.04? I see "Advanced ModSecurity Rules by Atomicorp" doesn't work there either. When is it?

It seems Atomic Standard (free) is still not available on Plesk on Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS. Anyone have an idea on how to get Atomic Standard (free) to work on Plesk on Ubuntu 20?

Should we copy the tortix folder from a working server? Or should we perhaps install aum?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 16.42.18.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 16.42.18.png
    189.1 KB · Views: 5
It seems Atomic Standard (free) is still not available on Plesk on Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS. Anyone have an idea on how to get Atomic Standard (free) to work on Plesk on Ubuntu 20?

Should we copy the tortix folder from a working server? Or should we perhaps install aum?
I do not think anyone can or will help you with this. This is an issue that has been going on for some time. They are not willing to get the paid advanced rules working, much less the free. No where did it say that the paid rules would not work. They were willing to sell them. It was only after hours of frustration trying to active and get them working did I reach out for help. I spoke to the guys at Atomic and they did not know they did not work with Plesk and tried to help me get them working. Plesk did not respond to my request for help, finally some guy not associated with any of this told me "oh yeah, they do not work with Plesk unless you are using Centos 7, anything other than that and they do not work". Not too long after that Plesk acknowledged they do not. They have not. They were supposed to be fixed and running a long while back. I did cancel my subscription to them but was billed unknowingly two or three more cycles until I cancelled again.

This "Should we copy the tortix folder from a working server? Or should we perhaps install aum?" is not going to work. Went through all of that too. I just never thought something so simple to install and get working would be so hard. I just never thought to ask for help. Glad I did

Back