• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Advice to upgrade Debian from Debian 7 to Debian 8

LaurentR2D2

Plesk Certified Professional
Plesk Certified Professional
Hello,

When I've upgrade my Debian installation today, I've received this message :

* PHP 5.4 has reached end-of-life on 14 Sep 2015 and as a result there will be no more new upstream releases. The security support of PHP 5.4 in Debian will be best effort only and you are strongly advised to upgrade to latest stable Debian release that includes PHP 5.6 that will reach end of security support on 28 Aug 2017.

Reading that I think I should upgrade my system. I use Plesk 12.5, so Debian 8 is supported. Can I just make an update/upgrade to Debian 8 to get Plesk automatically updated as well or should I do a clean install instead ? I've just made a full backup of my server.

Thank you

Hi LaurentR2D2,

I didn't experience any issues/problems, when doing a test-dist-upgrade from Debian 7 to Debian 8 with Plesk 12.5 on a test-server. However, you already have a full backup, as you stated, so there wouldn't be any problems to do a fresh installation as well.

Back