• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Advisor extension Synchronize Server Time 'Open' button broken

pleskuser67553

Basic Pleskian
Username:

TITLE

Advisor extension Synchronize Server Time 'Open' button broken

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Obsidian v18.0.53_build1800230619.12 os_RedHat el8
AlmaLinux 8.8 (Sapphire Caracal)
Intel Xeon Processor (Skylake, IBRS) (2 core(s))

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

WtgtpjK.png

zN8cXlz.png

Two issues
  1. Says server time synchronization is switched on when this feature appears not to be available on my OS
  2. Open button on that line loads whichever was the last working link from Advisor and displays the message Error: Invalid URL was requested.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1. Open Advisor
  2. Click Security tab
  3. Click a working Open button from the list,
  4. Open Advisor again
  5. Click Security tab
  6. Find the row Synchronize Server Time and click Open

ACTUAL RESULT

An unrelated settings screen loads, which appears to be the previous location.

EXPECTED RESULT

Expected it to load screen for Tools & Settings > System Date and Time where I am also expecting to see a checkbox for Synchronize system time under a heading Network time, if Advisor is correct in this case.

pkX5iGx.png

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

There are two entries in the Change Log related to Advisor and NTP.

Change Log for Plesk Obsidian (Advisor 1.7.1, 16 Oct 2019)

The extension no longer suggests turning on NTP time synchronizing on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 and CentOS 8 because the ntp package is not available anymore on these OSes.

Change Log for Plesk Obsidian (Advisor 1.8.3, 24 Dec 2020)

The extension now suggests NTP time synchronization only on those OSes that support it. (EXTADVISOR-858)

I do not see the option to set an NTP server in Tools & Settings > System Date and Time in my Plesk on AlmaLinux 8 (the screenshot above, heading Network time, is from another of my servers on CentOS 7). I understand that AlmaLinux 8 is similar to CentOS 8 so I guess the NTP package is not available as per the statement in the Change Log, but Advisor is suggesting it is..?

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

I have this problem and I was going to report it, but when I see that it has not been fixed to date, I ask if there are any developments.

Back