• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue After creating or restoring backup password change

tomaszt

New Pleskian
Hello, since last time I discover an issue that my admin account password change when I do a backup or when I restore a backup also I tried to plesk repair etc but still the same issue can someone tell me what it can be wrong?

It also changed the password to some email accounts

When you restore a backup and do not provide the correct backup password, random passwords are set upon restoration. In order to maintain the correct password, the backup password must be correct, because only then the passwords of accounts, mailboxes etc. can be decrypted from what is stored in the backup archives.

When you restore a backup and do not provide the correct backup password, random passwords are set upon restoration. In order to maintain the correct password, the backup password must be correct, because only then the passwords of accounts, mailboxes etc. can be decrypted from what is stored in the backup archives.
Okay but these backups are not protected with the password so could actually not do the random password and not all password changes only to admin account and to some mail account not to all.

Back