• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue After latest update: .htaccess options +indexes is ignored

tkalfaoglu

Silver Pleskian
I think the subject line says it all :)

After updating to Plesk Onyx Version 17.8.11 Update #6 last night, the .htaccess files with
Options +index
are being ignored. I checked and httpd.conf still contains mod_dir or mod_dirs whatever..

The target is a directory on my web server that has no index.* file, I just want it to show the files there; and it has been working fine for years with that .htaccess file.

The .htaccess file's owner is correct, and its mod is 644.. so all appears well there..
The error log shows:
Options FollowSymLinks or SymLinksIfOwnerMatch is off which implies that RewriteRule directive is forbidden: /var/www/vhosts......
So I added those to the .htaccess file too, making:
Options +Indexes +FollowSymLinks +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
it made no difference..

Last edited:
I cannot say I "solved" it, but I added a "Allowoverride All" to vhost.conf and it finally reads .htaccess.
Not that Allowoverride Indexes was not enough.. I had to do an "All".

Back