• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue After latest update: .htaccess options +indexes is ignored

tkalfaoglu

Silver Pleskian
I think the subject line says it all :)

After updating to Plesk Onyx Version 17.8.11 Update #6 last night, the .htaccess files with
Options +index
are being ignored. I checked and httpd.conf still contains mod_dir or mod_dirs whatever..

The target is a directory on my web server that has no index.* file, I just want it to show the files there; and it has been working fine for years with that .htaccess file.

The .htaccess file's owner is correct, and its mod is 644.. so all appears well there..
The error log shows:
Options FollowSymLinks or SymLinksIfOwnerMatch is off which implies that RewriteRule directive is forbidden: /var/www/vhosts......
So I added those to the .htaccess file too, making:
Options +Indexes +FollowSymLinks +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
it made no difference..

Last edited:
I cannot say I "solved" it, but I added a "Allowoverride All" to vhost.conf and it finally reads .htaccess.
Not that Allowoverride Indexes was not enough.. I had to do an "All".

Back