• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved After migration cannot import database dump

Nick80

New Pleskian
Hello guys, i recently migrated servers, and i wanted to import all the stuff from the old server. Although the process finished with some warnings, about some missing plugins, but the most serious one was about the databases. I had 3 databases at the moment, although one of them migrated successfully, the other 2 exited with the following error:

ERROR 2006 (HY000) at line 396: MySQL server has gone away

The same error was with the other database also. I suspect it has something to do with the different mysql versions between the servers. The size of the dumbs are the first one 40-50Mb, and the other 450Mb, but in the previous server i didn't have issues. Can anybody help me out?

The details of the servers
Source server:
  • CentOS release 6.9 (Final)
  • Plesk 12.0.18 Update #80
  • httpd 2.2.15-31.el6.centos
  • mod_python 3.3.1-14.el6.1
  • php 5.3.29
  • mysql 5.1.73-3.el6_5
Destination server:
  • CentOS Linux 7.4.1708 (Core)
  • Plesk Onyx v17.5.3_build1705170317.16 os_CentOS 7
  • httpd 2.4.6-40.el7.centos
  • php 5.4.16-36.el7_1
  • mysql 5.5.56-MariaDB

Very likely the issue can be solved by the information given in the article. Just in case the issue cannot be solved by the help of the article: In some cases databases can only be imported line by line. I can recommend BigDump: Staggered MySQL Dump Importer for it. It is a great and simple tool to import any size of databases, even if the system has limited resources. This won't work within the Plesk migration tool, but the way to go, if all other things fail, could be to export the database on the source system, then delete it from there, then do the migration (without the datbase) and then import the dump using the Big Dump tool.

Thank you very much guys for your guidance. Although i tried to pass those variables through the command line(i.e the wait_timeout and the max_allowed_packet) but it seems i had to alter the cnf file and restart the sql server.

Back