• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

After Plesk 12.5 update: PleskPHP5 php-cgi.exe - The FastCGI process exited unexpectedly

Paul Hermans

Basic Pleskian
Hello everybody,

Last night i updated a few Windows servers from Plesk 12.0 to Plesk 12.5 and after the update some sites using PHP 5.2 stopped working with error:

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\php-cgi.exe - The FastCGI process exited unexpectedly

My solution was to change the php.ini file C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\php.ini
Change this:
[ioncube]
zend_extension_ts="C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\ioncube_loader_win_5.2.dll"

To this:
[ioncube]
zend_extension="C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\ioncube_loader_win_5.2.dll"

Good luck all and a happy 2016!
Greetings Paul Hermans
FOXXL Hosting
www.foxxl.nl

I've experienced the same problem with 5.2.17 Plesk 12.5 on Windows. For me it's intermittent, it's about every 5th-6th load it white screens with
ErrorDescription D:\plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\php-cgi.exe - The FastCGI process exited unexpectedly

And
ModuleName FastCgiModule
Notification EXECUTE_REQUEST_HANDLER
HttpStatus 500
HttpReason Internal Server Error
HttpSubStatus 0
ErrorCode 3221225477
ConfigExceptionInfo

Unfortunately removing _ts from zend_extension had no effect.

The only way I can get 5.2.17 to run stable now is to run it in ISAPI mode and not FastCGI

Just to add, this version of PHP was running perfectly until upgrading 12 to 12.5

Back