• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

After reboot plesk show me apache 2 default page.

parallelsuser12

New Pleskian
I have one problem.
I have test server with > VMware CentOS + Plesk 12
And after reboot, plesk "localhost.localdomain" show me "Apache 2 default page"
I do this > service httpd restart, and after all ok. (Show Plesk Default page) no apache page.
I want normaly reboot server and show "Plesk default page" no apache...
How i can resolve it ?

Strange issue. I can only assume that it may be related to some delay in assigning IP address for this virtual environment. But issue is really looks complex and need detailed investigation directly on your server. I suggest you contact Support Team if you can't troubleshoot it by yourself.

Hello,

I have same problem on a lot of linux server.
He is definitely a general problem. There is a solution for this?

This problem starts to happened after I upgraded centos 6.6 to 6.7....i need to run /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all each time I reboot...pretty annoying

Consider to adjust/modify your standard configuration files for apache2 and nginx. When installing apache2 and nginx, you might have the "DocumentRoot /var/www/html" in your "default.conf" and "default-ssl.conf" ( apache2 ) and "root /var/www/html;" for nginx. This can lead to the described issues in this thread, because the standard Plesk vhosts document root is "/var/www/vhosts/default/htdocs". Please control your configuration files at the ".../sites-available" - folders.

Happened the same problem to me after watchdog installation on Plesk 12.0.18.
Latest update didn't fix the problem at my case and the only solution was to uninstall watchdog.

Hi greos,

Happened the same problem to me after watchdog installation on Plesk 12.0.18.
Latest update didn't fix the problem at my case and the only solution was to uninstall watchdog.

Please don't mix watchdog with any webserver - service or even any other service on your server. Watchdog is only a tool, which monitors services and in case of a non-working state of the service, it tries to restart the service.

OK, it's clear. It's service monitoring tool. But among monitoring that is good to have it, including rkhunter with scheduling options etc.
I've re-install the server from scratch (Leaseweb VPS) with Plesk 12.0.18 and after the watchdog installation, again the same problem.
Updates didn't solve the issue, neither latest 12.5.30.

Hi UFHH01,

Thank you for your reply!

Actually, I've just re-install the VPS once again from scratch, as except the issue with watchdog and Apache test page that I had from the first day (last two weeks), happened after the #63 update on 12.0.18 since 5th of September to have problem also with proftpd. I had access to SSH & SFTP, but not at all to FTP.

As it's a VPS from Leaseweb, selected clean installation is with CentOS 6.5 and Plesk 12.0.18
Next step is to upgrade to 12.5.30 and then to install extensions etc.
I will update here the results but as will be the 3rd time that I'll install everything from scratch, I'm more than sure that I'll be able to reproduce the problem with
watchdog and Apache test page after server reboot.

Except if 12.5.30 makes the difference ;)

Hi greos,

again, please be reminded, that watchdog can't be the cause of any webserver failure or misconfiguration. Watchdog doesn't configure, nor does it interfear in any way with the webserver configuration files. Watchdog will only try to restart your configured service, if it monitors a non-working state of the service.

We have reproduce this issue on Centos 6.7 - PPPM-3458

Root cause is Watchdog.
Other services like bind also have issues.
Workaround is switch off Watchdog.

Back