• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question After renaming a domain

Tor Jörgensborg

New Pleskian
Hello,

I am not a developer nor an linux expert so I hope my question in not silly or been asked before. I have tried to use the search but did not find an answer.

I have created a domain called develop4.se where I have a magento site. As the name suggest its a site we have been working on. Now we are finished and my idea was to rename the site to myworkingsite.com and change my dns pointer to ip adress for myworkingsite.com and I was back in action again. I tried this with another test site called testsite1.se.

I tested to rename my domain from develop4.se to testsite1.se and its working and I can see that directory name has change from develop4.se to testsite1.se. I also restarted me apache server.

When I try to access testsite1.se I got the default plesk page and it change name in the browser field from testsite1.se to develop4.se.

My question is ? What are I am missing and how can I get it to work so I can access my magento site from testsite1.se and its says testsite1.se in the browser field.

Best,

Tor

Hi Tor Jörgensborg,

before you reconfigure your configuration files, pls. check, that "/var/www/vhosts/develop4.se" was renamed to "/var/www/vhosts/testsite1.de" and consider to delete ( or rename ) the default "index.html", because the standard for serving files is defined as "index index.html index.cgi index.pl index.php index.xhtml index.htm index.shtml" => "index.html" is served BEFORE "index.php", when both files are existent in the document root.

To rebuild the configuration files, you can always use the command:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all

Back