• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

After update from 7.5.2 to 7.5.3 everything broke

P

panatlantica

Hi,

I am a bit frustrated. I tried to update Plesk on a Suse machine, a server sitting at 1&1 Internet. This had Plesk 7.5 Reloaded preinstalled for its customers. Fine, in the admin panel I tried to update, and it failed.

Something did not go right during the update and now plesk is not working at all anymore. When manually trying to start it, it tells me that it is missing libssl.so and yes, in plesks libexec directory, there are all other httpd modules but not libssl.so.

I have tried nearly everything I could find on the internet, but nothing worked.

What shall I do and not cry?
Steve

Never mind...

... frustrated as I was I disabled plesk entirely and switched to Webmin just to be shocked to see that today's webmin has almost all of Plesk features but is so much more lightweight and a pure baby to operate. While certainly not usefull for anybody, I'd say that Webmin is quite a very good alternative to Plesk. And it is free, too.

So never mind - and propably this post gets deleted too as SWsoft won't like what I write. But face it: my general experience with Confixx was: never ever touch it again it runis your system, Plesk: quite nice, but 7.5 had some very desastorous bugs and it is heavy on your server: Plesk 8: you are getting there but still Plesk remains a monster on the machine...

By the way, after stopping all PSA related processes on the machine and switching over to Webmin, I am confronted with a much more vivid and responsive web server. Thank you!

Steve. Frustrated about Plesk and the lack of support which you won't really get if you have Plesk bundled with a hosted server you buy...

Back