• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

After Upgrade Mail Accounts are not accessible

JeromeW

New Pleskian
Hi,

today i have made ​​the update from 11.0.9 to 11.5.30.
The panel and the website can be accessed again after a long struggle time. However, the biggest problem is that you no longer reaches the mail accounts from Mail Applications
It is always reported Login Failed. Even if I try the local server builds up a Telnet connection is not working the login of a user.
Well I thought okay then he will have destroyed the password. So now I wanted to set a new password for a user and got out the following error message.

Fehler: mailmng[8762]: Can't read encryption key from '/var/spool/postfix/plesk/passwd_db_key': No such file or directory (2) mailmng[8762]: Failed to initialize encryption cipher 'AES-256-CBC:pKCS' with key '/var/spool/postfix/plesk/passwd_db_key' mailmng[8762]: Failed to initialize password cipher context (for mail address '[email protected]') mailmng[8762]: Unable to set password for mailname [email protected]

I take i look into the directory "/var/spool/postfix/plesk/". From other Postings i know that there must be 2 files. In the directory are passed.db, virtual.db and vmailbox.db. The passwd_db_key is missing.
BUT i found the passed_db_key in the directory "/var/lib/plesk/mail/auth" so i copy it from there to "/var/spool/postfix/plesk" and BAM i get an other Error Message "Fehler: sh: /opt/psa/admin/bin/spammng: not found "
Whats wrong now ?
And right, login still does´t work.

My OS is debian squeeze 6.0.7.

Any ideas how to solve this f***ing ;-) Problem ?

Greetings and thanks in advance for help.

This happens when "/var/lib/plesk/mail/auth/passwd.db" file is corrupted/not present in the server. You can try to recover it with following steps:

1. Check for permissions for every folder in tree /var/lib/plesk/mail/auth/, they should be readable

2. # /usr/bin/head -c 32 /dev/random > /var/lib/plesk/mail/auth/passwd_db_key

3. Go to Plesk panel and create a new mail account.

4. Run `/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk` to update internal `passwd.db` file, if it absent

Hi IgorG

Here are the Results from the Steps

Step 1:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root 2020 16K Aug 21 09:06 passwd.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 root 2020 32 Aug 21 10:48 passwd_db_key
So i think they are chmod 644

Step 2: Done - No Errors

Step 3:
Error: sh: /opt/psa/admin/bin/spammng: not found
When i click for the overview of mailaccounts the new creted is listed.

Step 4:
#/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk
==> Checking for: mailsrv_conf_init... ok
==> Checking for: mail_handlers_init... ok
==> Checking for: mailsrv_entities_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mail_admin_aliases... ok
==> Checking for: mail_auth_dump... fail
==> Checking for: mailman_lists_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mail_kav8_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_responder_restore... ok
==> Checking for: vhostidmng... ok
==> Checking for: mail_postfix_transport_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_spam_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_grey_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_mailbox_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_spf_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_dk_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_drweb_restore... ok
Errors occured in mail restore procedure
Some utilities have exited with errors:
/usr/lib/plesk-9.0/mail_auth_dump

Result: The Problem is still available and i can´t login to the new created or old mail accounts.
When i try to delete the new created Mail Account following Error will appear "sh: /opt/psa/admin/bin/spammng: not found "

Whats wrong ? mchk tells
==> Checking for: mail_auth_dump... fail
How can i fix this ?

Greetings

spammng is part of plesk-service-node-utilities package. On CentOS, for example:

# rpm -qf /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/spammng
plesk-service-node-utilities-11.5.30-cos5.build115130819.13

Make sure that you have correctly installed this package. Running bootstrapper repair procedure also would be useful.

Can you give me a hint for debian squeeze how i can reinstall spammng
CentOs is nice but not my preferred OS ;-)

Your preferred OS is Debian, right? You do not know how to use Debian package manager dpkg?

Okay sorry for that i thought there is an other way.
Im sitting since last night on this problem and okay i don´t see the easiest ways :)

This is my Output of the Bootstrapper repair.log
START Bootstrapper 11.5.30 repair AT Wed Aug 21 11:36:20 CEST 2013

**** Product repair started.

===> Checking for previous installation ... found.
Started bootstrapper repair procedure. This may take a while.
Certain actions may be skipped if not applicable.

Trying to start service mysql... /usr/sbin/mysqld (pid 1511) is running...
done
Trying to establish test connection... connected
done
Trying to find psa database... version is 011005030
Version is OK, no need to create psa database.
Trying to backup MySQL database... done
MySQL databases are dumped to /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.preupgrade.11.5.30-11.5.30.20130821-113620.dump.gz
Finishing up upgrade procedures and rerunning previously failed upgrade actions...
===> Cumulative Plesk database upgrade and repair (revertable stage) has been started.
Upgrade or repair for 'core' (stage 'prep') is not required
===> Preparing Plesk database upgrade (revertable stage).
Trying to resolve hostname 'XXXX' and validate its IP address... done

Trying to set psa database version to 011005030... done
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of Plesk database (revertable stage) has been completed.
===> Cumulative Plesk upgrade and repair (final stage) has been started.
===> Preparing Plesk upgrade (final stage).
httpsd: no process found
Trying to rename mailboxes to lower case format...
WARNING!
Some problems are found during rename mailboxes to lower case format. Please run /opt/psa/bin/repair --convert-mailboxes-to-lowercase manually.(see log file: /tmp/plesk_11.5.30_repair.log)

Continue...

After end of upgrade for 'core' (stage 'post') following actions are registered as failed: 20130709174500-mailname_to_lowercase_11_1_15 20130709174500-mailname_to_lowercase_11_1_15 20130709174500-mailname_to_lowercase_11_1_15.
===> Plesk was not upgraded completely. See installation log for details.
Trying to upgrade APS controller database... ===> Cumulative APS controller database (apsc) upgrade and repair has been started.
Upgrade or repair for 'apsc' (stage 'db') is not required
Trying to backup MySQL database... done
MySQL databases are dumped to /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.preupgrade.apsc.11.5.30-11.5.30.20130821-113628.dump.gz
===> Upgrade and repair of APS controller database has been completed.
done
Trying to upgrade and repair SpamAssassin service configuration... Upgrade or repair for 'spamassassin' (stage 'files') is not required
done
Trying to upgrade and repair Courier-IMAP services configuration (prep stage)... mv: cannot stat `/etc/courier-imap/imapd.cnf': No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `/etc/courier-imap/pop3d.cnf': No such file or directory
done
Trying to upgrade and repair Courier-IMAP services configuration (post stage)... Upgrade or repair for 'courier_imap' (stage 'post') is not required
done
Trying to upgrade and repair Courier-IMAP services configuration (bootstrapper-post stage)... Upgrade or repair for 'courier_imap' (stage 'bootstrapper-post') is not required
done
Trying to condrestart service courier-imapd... done
Trying to condrestart service courier-imaps... done
Trying to condrestart service courier-pop3d... done
Trying to condrestart service courier-pop3s... done
Trying to upgrade and repair Horde webmail configuration... Upgrade or repair for 'horde' (stage 'files') is not required
done
Trying to upgrade and repair Parallels Premium antivirus (DrWeb) service configuration (bootstrapper-prep stage)... Upgrade or repair for 'drweb' (stage 'bootstrapper-prep') is not required
done
Trying to upgrade and repair Parallels Premium antivirus (DrWeb) service configuration (bootstrapper-post stage)... Upgrade or repair for 'drweb' (stage 'bootstrapper-post') is not required
done
Trying to upgrade and repair Firewall service configuration... Upgrade or repair for 'firewall' (stage 'post') is not required
done
Reconfiguring mail subsystem...
/usr/lib/plesk-9.0/mailsrv_entities_dump isn't yet on its place. Deferring mail_restore execution to a later stage
Reconfiguring Apache web server...
Reconfiguring ProFTPD FTP server...
Reconfiguring AWStats web statistics...
Reconfiguring WatchDog...
Unable to process /opt/psa/etc/modules/watchdog/monitrc.tpl configuration file:
/tmp/monitrc.chk:40: Error: the executable does not exist '/opt/psa/admin/bin/mailmng-service'
/tmp/monitrc.chk:41: Error: the executable does not exist '/opt/psa/admin/bin/mailmng-service'
/tmp/monitrc.chk:47: Error: the executable does not exist '/opt/psa/admin/bin/mailmng-service'
/tmp/monitrc.chk:48: Error: the executable does not exist '/opt/psa/admin/bin/mailmng-service'
/tmp/monitrc.chk:56: Error: the executable does not exist '/opt/psa/admin/bin/mailmng-service'
/tmp/monitrc.chk:57: Error: the executable does not exist '/opt/psa/admin/bin/mailmng-service'
/tmp/monitrc.chk:64: Error: the executable does not exist '/opt/psa/admin/bin/mailmng-service'
/tmp/monitrc.chk:65: Error: the executable does not exist '/opt/psa/admin/bin/mailmng-service'
/tmp/monitrc.chk:72: Error: the executable does not exist '/opt/psa/admin/bin/mailmng-service'
/tmp/monitrc.chk:73: Error: the executable does not exist '/opt/psa/admin/bin/mailmng-service'
/tmp/monitrc.chk:120: Error: the executable does not exist '/opt/psa/admin/bin/spammng'
/tmp/monitrc.chk:121: Error: the executable does not exist '/opt/psa/admin/bin/spammng'

Restoring SELinux contexts...
Regenerating web servers' configuration files...
Cleaning active Panel sessions...

Bootstrapper repair finished.
If problems persist, please check installer logs ('/tmp/plesk_11.5.30_repair.log' and '/tmp/plesk_11.5.30_repair_problems.log') for errors.
If you can't resolve the issue on your own, please address Parallels support.
Unable to process /opt/psa/etc/modules/watchdog/monitrc.tpl configuration file:
/tmp/monitrc.chk:40: Error: the executable does not exist '/opt/psa/admin/bin/mailmng-service'
/tmp/monitrc.chk:41: Error: the executable does not exist '/opt/psa/admin/bin/mailmng-service'
/tmp/monitrc.chk:47: Error: the executable does not exist '/opt/psa/admin/bin/mailmng-service'
/tmp/monitrc.chk:48: Error: the executable does not exist '/opt/psa/admin/bin/mailmng-service'
/tmp/monitrc.chk:56: Error: the executable does not exist '/opt/psa/admin/bin/mailmng-service'
/tmp/monitrc.chk:57: Error: the executable does not exist '/opt/psa/admin/bin/mailmng-service'
/tmp/monitrc.chk:64: Error: the executable does not exist '/opt/psa/admin/bin/mailmng-service'
/tmp/monitrc.chk:65: Error: the executable does not exist '/opt/psa/admin/bin/mailmng-service'
/tmp/monitrc.chk:72: Error: the executable does not exist '/opt/psa/admin/bin/mailmng-service'
/tmp/monitrc.chk:73: Error: the executable does not exist '/opt/psa/admin/bin/mailmng-service'
/tmp/monitrc.chk:120: Error: the executable does not exist '/opt/psa/admin/bin/spammng'
/tmp/monitrc.chk:121: Error: the executable does not exist '/opt/psa/admin/bin/spammng'

Warning : failed to perform deferred action : watchdog_reconfigure
/usr/lib/plesk-9.0/mailsrv_entities_dump isn't yet on its place. Deferring mail_restore execution to a later stage

**** Product repair completed successfully.

STOP Bootstrapper 11.5.30 repair AT Wed Aug 21 11:36:55 CEST 2013

Please help me also.
Where can i get the "plesk-service-node-utilities-11.5.30" for debian 6 ?

Thx

Thx i have downloaded and tried to install them
dpkg -i plesk-service-node-utilities_11.5.30-debian6.0.build115130808.12_amd64.deb

It seems that there are some problems to
(Reading database ...
dpkg: warning: files list file for package `psa' missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.

dpkg: warning: files list file for package `psa-locale-base-en-us' missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.

dpkg: warning: files list file for package `psa-zendframework' missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.

dpkg: warning: files list file for package `psa-logrotate' missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.

dpkg: warning: files list file for package `psa-vhost' missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.

dpkg: warning: files list file for package `psa-pear' missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.

dpkg: warning: files list file for package `psa-awstats-configurator' missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.

dpkg: warning: files list file for package `psa-backup-manager' missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.

dpkg: warning: files list file for package `psa-mimp' missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.

dpkg: warning: files list file for package `psa-spf2' missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.

dpkg: warning: files list file for package `psa-proftpd' missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.
(Reading database ... 112116 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace plesk-service-node-utilities 11.5.30-debian6.0.build115130808.12 (using plesk-service-node-utilities_11.5.30-debian6.0.build115130808.12_amd64.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement plesk-service-node-utilities ...
Setting up plesk-service-node-utilities (11.5.30-debian6.0.build115130808.12) ...

After a reboot of the Server i can create Account without any Errors. Deleting also works fine.
But still the main problem. i can´t login from any mail application to the new or old accounts.
Always login-failed

In the /opt/psa/var/log/maillog file i found something interesting.

Aug 21 15:19:05 srv06 courier-imaps: couriertls: /usr/share/imapd.pem: error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory

It´s right that courier-imaps can´t found the imapd.pem. it is not in /usr/share/. The File is in /usr/share/courier-imap

I correct the path in the files /etc/courier-imap/imapd-ssl and /etc/courier-imap/pop3d-ssl

But problem is still the same..

i found on line more
Aug 21 15:20:51 srv06 authpsa[32414]: No such user '[email protected]' in mail authorization database
What does it meen ?

Nobody any solutions ?

Last edited:
Hi everyone, a little update.

I have already written up as changed the paths. Although I had restarted the postfix as well as Courier-IMAP service but it had brought nothing.

After I restarted the server i can login with mail clients and applications.

I´m getting E-Mails again. But I can´t sent Mails thruh SMTP.

Someone an idea?

Here is a small excerpt from the maillog

August 21 19:09:07 srv06 postfix / smtpd [12690]: connect from xxxxxxx.dip0.t-ipconnect.de [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]
August 21 19:09:07 srv06 postfix / smtpd [12690]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from xxxxxxx.dip0.t-ipconnect.de [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]: 550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table; <[email protected]> from = to = proto = ESMTP helo = <[email protected]> <xxxxxxx>
August 21 19:09:07 srv06 postfix / smtpd [12690]: disconnect from xxxxxxx.dip0.t-ipconnect.de [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]
August 21 19:09:07 srv06 / usr/lib/plesk-9.0/psa-pc-remote [9807]: Message aborted.
August 21 19:09:07 srv06 / usr/lib/plesk-9.0/psa-pc-remote [9807]: Message aborted.

Incoming Mails need more than 30 minutes

I solved my problem by my own. But there is now still one Problem.
When i send a mail from "@t-online.de" it takes up to 30 Minutes till the mail will be in the inbox.

Reverse DNS is okay. The Problem ist sind i updated the server from 11.0.9 to 11.5.30

Any Ideas?

Back