• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

After upgrading to 9.5.2: "Syntax error in file /root/parallels/plesk.inf3"

IanJ

New Pleskian
After upgrading to Plesk 9.5.2, I know get the following error when I run the Plesk Panel Updater or the autoinstaller from the command line.

I cannot verify therefore that the update was successful.

Syntax error in file /root/parallels/plesk.inf3:
Error reading Attributes.
Not all packages were installed.
Please, contact product technical support.

Anybody got any ideas?

I can't reproduce it on different test environments. Seems your file is corrupted for some reason.
Try attached file.

Attachments

• plesk.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 7
Thanks IgorG. I just clicked the updater and it worked this time!? I reproduced the error about 10 times before deciding to post to the forum. Just some weird glitch—or did something change on the update server?

I don't know. Maybe there was some network communication problem?

I had similar problems that started a couple months back which I found were due to the MTU setting on the network interface of the server. Lowering the MTU to 1400 actually resolved the issue. This would lead me to believe somewhere between the server and Parallels CDN a network device is not accepting fragmented packets and their CDN servers might have a lower MTU than usual. Testing of devices on the local network did not find any discrepancies with MTU settings. Since then I set up a local Plesk mirror with the server's public network interface MTU set to 1400 and have been updating Plesk servers using it whilst keeping their own MTU's to 1500 and have not had any problems. It would be interesting to get a Parallels network engineer's take on this.

Back