• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Again 10.3.1 migration problem....

HoracioS

Regular Pleskian
Again 10.4.4 migration problem....

I try to migrate a domain containing 99 DNS records pointed to other servers.
The problem when migrated, PMM just restore the default DNS records (14 records). I tried to restore from backup and had the same result too...

Source server: Centos 5.6 x64 Plesk 10.3.1
Destination server: Debian 6 x64 Plesk 10.4.4

both are VPSs under Virtuozzo.

Best regards,
Horacio

Last edited:
Yes, it is known problem with migration custom DNS records. As I know it will be fixed in 10.4 version.

Could you provide an example of DNS records which were not migrated (may be with changed name or IP)? Are there subdomains at the domain?

I´m sorry Igor, but still NOT WORKING with the following patch.....

> Parallels Plesk Panel 10.3.1 MU #6 [01-Sep-2011]
> [-] Fixed error which occurs when you enable DNS for domain where custom DNS server is specified for NS record.

My case is very simple:

I´m using Plesk just as DNS for a large domain that point different subdomains to external IPs. Since Plesk 10.3 I cannot migrate it. I have 104 records and cannot move them!!!!!

With the new patch, PMM just says the migration is OK, but only migrate CNAMES, TXTs, etc. Not the "A" records pointed to other servers...

Best regards,
Horacio

Hi Igor,

The problem is PMM not migrate subdomains pointed to external IPs. You can see the following examples:

capayan.mydomain.com. A 10.10.63.6
clorinda.mydomain.com. A 8.8.1.39
corpmail3.mydomain.com. A 127.0.0.1
corpmail3mx.mydomain.com. A 127.0.0.1

The Plesk is 10.3.1 with today´s microupdates and Denian 6 x64

Best regards,
Horacio

Hello Parallels, can you please fix this error??? We cannot migrate domains to the new version from 10.3.1 to 10.4.4

Yes, it is known problem with migration custom DNS records. As I know it will be fixed in 10.4 version.

I have notified developers that problem still persist. I think it will be fixed in nearest microupdate.

I have notified developers that problem still persist. I think it will be fixed in nearest microupdate.

Dear Igor,

Unfortunatelly the BUG still persist in the Parallels Plesk Panel 10.4.4 MU #5 [02-Dec-2011]

Who will move my clients from one server to other?
Who will move domains with A records pointed to external servers?
Why I´m still waiting since Aug 27 for a fix?

regards,
Horacio

Last edited:
Really, fix was not included to MU#5 due to complexity of realization. As far as I know it is scheduled for MU#6.

Not in MU #6....

Really, fix was not included to MU#5 due to complexity of realization. As far as I know it is scheduled for MU#6.

Dear Igor,

The fix was not included in MU #6...

It´s not funny asking for a fix more than 3 months....

regards,
Horacio

Back