• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Again, plesk failed on doing it's job

Peter-

Basic Pleskian
So, I got an email saying:

Attention,

The update of Parallels Panel has failed.

You can download Parallels Installer logs at the following link: (which is not working because plesk is dead)
Contact your Hosting Provider for support assistance.

This message was sent automatically by Parallels Installer.

----------------

My dear useless Plesk admin is saying:

ERROR: Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused

Additionally, an exception has occurred while trying to report this error: Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception
SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory (Abstract.php:144)

Who is responsible for this update fail and how do I fix this? This is a live web server, I cannot afford these kinds of issues.

Last edited:
Mysql is fine.

I added mysqld: localhost: allow to /etc/hosts.allow.

Hopefully, plesk won't overwrite it.

Another issue. I cannot connect to FTP. Can someone fix this?

Any details, logs, results of troubleshooting?
"It doesn't work! Please help" is really non-constructive conversation.

Connection timed out after MSLD.

I took out some module from iptables and its working now... Are these updates even tested somewhere? How can you guys release updates that bring down live servers??

And another one. Now I realized plesk won't export my backups to FTP

Error:
Runtime error: Export dump to FTP failed at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 726.
at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 726
main::perform('verbose', 4, 'owner-type', 'server', 'split-size', undef, 'session-path', '/usr/local/psa/PMM/sessions/2014-02-13-222043.248', 'description', ...) called at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1311
main::__ANON__() called at /usr/local/psa/PMM/agents/shared/Error.pm line 406
eval {...} called at /usr/local/psa/PMM/agents/shared/Error.pm line 398
Error::subs::try('CODE(0x3173dc0)', 'HASH(0x31740f0)') called at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1319
main::main() called at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1323.

I'm getting tired of this

And another one. Now I realized plesk won't export my backups to FTP

Error:
Runtime error: Export dump to FTP failed at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 726.
at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 726
main::perform('verbose', 4, 'owner-type', 'server', 'split-size', undef, 'session-path', '/usr/local/psa/PMM/sessions/2014-02-13-222043.248', 'description', ...) called at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1311
main::__ANON__() called at /usr/local/psa/PMM/agents/shared/Error.pm line 406
eval {...} called at /usr/local/psa/PMM/agents/shared/Error.pm line 398
Error::subs::try('CODE(0x3173dc0)', 'HASH(0x31740f0)') called at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1319
main::main() called at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1323.

I'm getting tired of this

Check this KB article - http://kb.parallels.com/118644

:) NO. The server is empty. What I found after browsing my settings page it was passive mode got disabled. Hence, the error.

"Good job"!

One update, 3 important things to fail!

I don't know. Before the update, everything was working. After the update, my server was down for a couple of hours until I found it.

#1. Couldn't connect to mysql. Problem found - firewall

#2. I couldn't transfer to FTP in passive mode. Problem found - firewall.

#3. The server itself couldn't upload to FTP because passive mode got disabled.

I didn't change one setting in months (since last plesk fault actually) and everything was working just fine. I'm the only guy with admin/root access, server is at 0.00 CPU 99% of the time, disk is 5-6% full. Do you think it's NOT the update? Is there any reason anything could fail on this server without an intervention?

A few months ago, after an update, my entire plesk admin was dead. I don't remember what was that fixed it then, but whatever. Coincidence? I don't think so

I don't know.
No one complained about this microupdate except you.

Fwiw - I'm having the exact same issues as here!

Edit:
After upgrade I:
- Recieved a '502 - Bad gateway' at the panel login
- Didn't recieve any emails anymore
- Couldn't FTP in (timed out)

Restarting the psa daemon solved the login & mail: /etc/init.d/psa restart

Enabling passive mode on FTP, solved it (Im not sure what the previous FTP setting were):
http://www.guyzero.com/web-development/enable-passive-ftp-on-plesk-servers

My biggest fear is something is broken at the next update, but guess we'll see.
For now Im switching back to be a "late adopter". Spontanous issues like this are simply not acceptable in live servers

Last edited:
That's what I did too. Late adopter is the way!

It looks like they're not too careful when releasing updates. I'm now having a problem with phpmyadmin as well...

Hi

I can only assume the theme isn't set properly. If I change it to basic theme then revert to "homme" (or whatever the name is), it works.

Compare the 2 screenshots:

http://screencast.com/t/M4evWh0h

vs

http://screencast.com/t/9BSvWLXxE8io

It's not such a big deal, but it's annoying.

Another issue I noticed: if I go to sql query input, paste an existing query from clipboard, remove one char from it, it says "Missing value in the form". Makes it impossible to edit queries in that box. I can't believe how the guys at pma can release such a bug.

See vid here: http://screencast.com/t/ghntvLhX

Last edited:
#1 Didn't solve it :( I think the theme is missing from the initial URL. Adding set_theme=pmahomme in the URL didn't fix it, either.

#2 I know it's pma's bug and I don't think it's a validation thing, it just fails all the time, even if the query is valid. How can we revert to a previous pma?

Back