• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

/alias command

S

sbmman

Hello,

currently I have a project on a win32/apache server which I wanna migrate to a Plesk server.
My problem is that I used the /alias function of apache to use another domain to refer into directories of another web site hosted in another local file directory.
How can I migrate that with Plesk ? I know that it doesn't work via Gui, so is it possible to do that via shell and does the Plesk security model allow that ?

domain1 is the main site. domain2 points to dirs of domain1....

httpd.conf

<VirtualHost 212.212.28.226:80>
ServerName www.domain1.de
DocumentRoot C:/xampp/xampp/htdocs
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule autoinfo([0-9]+)\.html$ http://www.domain1.de/blah.php?zeug=$1
</VirtualHost>

ssl.conf

<VirtualHost 212.292.066.102:443>
ServerName www.DOMAIN2.com:443
DocumentRoot C:/xampp/xampp/htdocs-tk
Alias /admin "C:/xampp/xampp/htdocs/admin"
Alias /pagepics "C:/xampp/xampp/htdocs/pagepics"
Alias /fz_pics "C:/xampp/xampp/htdocs/fz_pics"
Alias /tkits "C:/xampp/xampp/htdocs/tkits"
</VirtualHost>

I migrated the settings to the linux world and the alais seems to point to the directory of the other domain, however when I call a php file from domain which is /aliased to the other directory the apache doesn't interpret the php anymore and thus offers to downlaod the file.
I guess that are any security issues because I access another directory.

I'm having the same problem. Found at least 3 different posts on this site now with no solution. Did ANYONE come up with anything? I must be missing something simple....

I setup in /conf/ vhosts.conf file the alias from domainA/subfolder on domainB. Html files come up fine, but php won't parse; only offers the pop-up dialog so people may download my php source. Ouch.

Back