• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

/alias command

S

sbmman

Guest
Hello,

currently I have a project on a win32/apache server which I wanna migrate to a Plesk server.
My problem is that I used the /alias function of apache to use another domain to refer into directories of another web site hosted in another local file directory.
How can I migrate that with Plesk ? I know that it doesn't work via Gui, so is it possible to do that via shell and does the Plesk security model allow that ?

domain1 is the main site. domain2 points to dirs of domain1....

httpd.conf

<VirtualHost 212.212.28.226:80>
ServerName www.domain1.de
DocumentRoot C:/xampp/xampp/htdocs
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule autoinfo([0-9]+)\.html$ http://www.domain1.de/blah.php?zeug=$1
</VirtualHost>


ssl.conf

<VirtualHost 212.292.066.102:443>
ServerName www.DOMAIN2.com:443
DocumentRoot C:/xampp/xampp/htdocs-tk
Alias /admin "C:/xampp/xampp/htdocs/admin"
Alias /pagepics "C:/xampp/xampp/htdocs/pagepics"
Alias /fz_pics "C:/xampp/xampp/htdocs/fz_pics"
Alias /tkits "C:/xampp/xampp/htdocs/tkits"
</VirtualHost>
 
I migrated the settings to the linux world and the alais seems to point to the directory of the other domain, however when I call a php file from domain which is /aliased to the other directory the apache doesn't interpret the php anymore and thus offers to downlaod the file.
I guess that are any security issues because I access another directory.
 
I'm having the same problem. Found at least 3 different posts on this site now with no solution. Did ANYONE come up with anything? I must be missing something simple....

I setup in /conf/ vhosts.conf file the alias from domainA/subfolder on domainB. Html files come up fine, but php won't parse; only offers the pop-up dialog so people may download my php source. Ouch.
 
Back
Top