• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

alias for development domain

hugosnel

Basic Pleskian
I need to work directly on my server on an existing domain:
I KNOW that there is a way to set up an 'alias' to a domain name that is already active and hosted elswhere with its own DNS entries.
I have seen it in old plesk versions but I do not remember (old age?) ..
Lets take mydomain.com
It is up and running elsewhere.
I have installed it on my plesk (Contos) server to work on.
So Now I am looking for the url to access it directly ..
I have even acquired an IP fail over in the hope that I can use it directly for this work domain.
FTP access to the IP failover corresponds to the installation I have done through Plesk Panel.
However using the IP address gives me a generic Plesk page:
This page is generated by Parallels Plesk Panel, the leading hosting automation software. You see this page because there is no Web site at this address
PLEASE advice!
TIA
HS

If you need to use the IP address to see your website you are working on in the plesk then do the following:

1. Login to your Plesk server
2. Go to Tools & Settings
3. Go to IP addresses
4. Choose or select the IP in question by clicking it and then selecting the default domain name in the drop down menu

Having done that, each time you open the IP address above, that default set website shows up.
Please let me know if that helped.

Thas is on the major ip of the server it is , but not on the extra ip I took as 'fail over'
TIA

The domain would appear ONLY on the IP address that you assigned the domain name while in the process of creation of the domain name.

Back