• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Alias that does not work

tkalfaoglu

Silver Pleskian
Well, here is my horror story:

While we were still in Plesk 7.5.4 days, we had a domain, say blah.com, blah.org and blah.net. When we upgraded to 8.1, I decided to delete the blah.net and org, because .com was the only one that had email accounts and the physical web site.
So I did delete the other two, which were just pointing to the blah.com using "standard forwarding"

so I came down to adding the aliases.
I entered an alias for blah.org, which took, and then I tried one for blah.net, which gave me:

Error: Such resource record is already in the zone of the domain blah.net.

However, it is not present in the name server(s) files, and if they were I have deleted them and restart plesk and name servers since.

I also tried ADDING a blah.net, but plesk says that "a such DNS record already exists". I know for fact that it does not , at least not at the DNS level. (not in /etc/named.conf, not in /var/named/run-root/var)

Any ideas what else to do?
thanks, -turgut

Hi !

I had the same problem with an subdomain. I have checked the DNS-Entries of the "normal" domain. The DNS-Service was disabled (I use the one of my provider); after switching on I saw there was an DNS Entry for the domain I have tried to add as an alias. After deleting everything was fine.

Regards,
Sebastian

Back