• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Alias that does not work

tkalfaoglu

Silver Pleskian
Well, here is my horror story:

While we were still in Plesk 7.5.4 days, we had a domain, say blah.com, blah.org and blah.net. When we upgraded to 8.1, I decided to delete the blah.net and org, because .com was the only one that had email accounts and the physical web site.
So I did delete the other two, which were just pointing to the blah.com using "standard forwarding"

so I came down to adding the aliases.
I entered an alias for blah.org, which took, and then I tried one for blah.net, which gave me:

Error: Such resource record is already in the zone of the domain blah.net.

However, it is not present in the name server(s) files, and if they were I have deleted them and restart plesk and name servers since.

I also tried ADDING a blah.net, but plesk says that "a such DNS record already exists". I know for fact that it does not , at least not at the DNS level. (not in /etc/named.conf, not in /var/named/run-root/var)

Any ideas what else to do?
thanks, -turgut

Hi !

I had the same problem with an subdomain. I have checked the DNS-Entries of the "normal" domain. The DNS-Service was disabled (I use the one of my provider); after switching on I saw there was an DNS Entry for the domain I have tried to add as an alias. After deleting everything was fine.

Regards,
Sebastian

Back