• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue All down with Fail2ban and iptables

befla

New Pleskian
Hi.
If I have activated fail2ban all services are down neither having ssh access. Desactivating fail2ban for less I will get ssh access.
To get working all other services I need to desactivate the firewall and delete manualy all emtries of iptables.
After reboot again I will need to delete all entries of iptables to get work the services. I couldn´t find where Plesk saves the rules.

just to clearify: if you enable fail2ban all services are realy down or just not reachable for you because your IP is banned and you have no access?
try to add your IP in fail2ban first to trusted ip addresses before you enable fail2ban and also enable jail by jail. Then try to figgure out whats going on on your system.

See: Protection Against Brute Force Attacks (Fail2Ban)

Last edited:
Fail2ban is a log-parsing application that monitors system logs for symptoms of an automated attack on your Linode. When an attempted compromise is located, using the defined parameters, Fail2ban will add a new rule to iptables to block the IP address of the attacker, either for a set amount of time or permanently DGCustomerFirst

Last edited:
Thanks for your replays. All services are totally down without to can ping the server. Since before the IP is at the list of trusted IPs.
This problem I have since I upgraded Onyx to Obsidian.

Back