• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

All new FTP accounts broken "530 User cannot log in, home directory inaccessible."

qdLPos

New Pleskian
Hello, I have 11.5.30 and no new FTP accounts work. All I get when trying to connect is 530 User cannot log in, home directory inaccessible.

I have run the command:

"%plesk_cli%\repair.exe" --reconfigure-ftp-site -webspace-name site.co.uk

removed and added the user again repairing in between. I have manually tried creating the user folder under default/6/localuser/username and setting permissions. I have checked the local windows account and the home directory is fine.

All old accounts create previously work fine. I could at least connect on the master FTP site with the local user folder but then it was read only.

This is very frustating and all of the fixes on the KB article http://kb.parallels.com/en/549

have been followed.

I have seen 2 previous posts on here from a while ago and cannot find a working fix.

This is very frustrating.

And what is result of

"%plesk_cli%\repair.exe" --reconfigure-ftp-site -webspace-name domain.tld
"%plesk_cli%\repair.exe" --reconfigure-ftp-sites

Does it help?

Hi,

I have the same problem, but my problem was in:

Windows Server 2012 Std 64bit

Fresh install, when i create the first account and try to login via FTP, I receive the same error.

Back