• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue All website content deleted!

topkat2

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 20
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi, I was removing at the same time 2 of my 4 websites with different domain names but ALL WHERE DELETED!

I did it via the red cross menu item available on the website card resume in the "website and domains" page. So I firstly deleted one, clicked on the confirm, then deleted the second, confirm, then the page did reload with a confirm message, then everything was gone.

Fortunately I am in a dev environment so there is no real bad consequences.

hello @topkat2 ,
I suspect that you've confirmed removal of primary domain in subscription.
In this case all additional domains (domains in the same webspace, with the same system user) will be removed.
confirmation dialog should contain this information.

You can restore you domains from backup (of course if it was configured and done before).
If not.. well, thanks god that you at dev env and you did not remove something really important.

Ok that's the case...but so counterintuitive! And so dangerous for sites in production. I don't think this concept of primary domain have a meaning...since it is juste the first domain recorded, that for my case was a test (hello world).

Also this should be more obvious that there is a primary domain name.

I would be so thankful if this message can reach plesk developers so they can find a way to put an extra warning or do something about it.

However, thanks a lot for your quick reply :)

I've pointed attention our PM's to this thread.
unfortunately can't provide any ETA or something else.

any way, thank you for your alertness. you help make Plesk better.

If you remove a website which contains other websites in it's webspace the confirmation dialog window will also list those websites. So there should be any surprises there.

Schermafbeelding 2022-05-16 om 11.17.14.png

Hi @Rasp, the alert looks exactly like the one of a normal website so I didn't exactly red the message.
Also like I have said, the concept of main domain is really blurry and really not emphasized throught the app. It's counterintuitive and there is at first sight no reason to have a main domain. For example I have tried the hello-world example as my first site. Now I am migrating my productions websites and my main domain will be forever hello-world.mydomain.com ?

Back