• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Allow creation of subdomains but not domain registration

FekaNOC

New Pleskian
Hey,

Is it possible to allow users to create subdomains, but not do any of the following:
Add New Domain Alias
Register Domain Names
Manage Domain Names
Remove Domain Names

If possible I'd like to disable the register Domain names completely from our server.

Thanks!

Did you try to use roles restrictions for this purpose?

If by roles restrictions you mean "smb/role/edit/id/XXX", yes, I tried that, but then you also activate Add New Domain Alias,Register Domain Names, Manage Domain Names and Remove Domain Names.

If you mean something else, no, I don't know where to find that?

You can disable registering domain names in Tools & Settings > Interface management > Interface Control Visibility
Hide buttons for domain registration [x]

You cannot prohibit domain aliases selectively for Users, but you can prohibit domain aliases for everyone - go to Resources and set 0 (zero) limit for Domain Aliases.

im reading this forum post and cant help but think the original posters questions was lost, either way i believe im trying to accomplish what he asked originally. letme restate the matter

clients login. they see a link for "add domain" or "add new domain" they click this link and it says 1 of 0 allowed requested.

I do not want either of the "ADD" links shown, tho id like to specify a URL they take a client to which can add domains to their plan..

best case senario, i need to take the add buttons off.

other than that this plesk 11.0.? release is nearly as good as version 8. keep up the good work! you are finally headed back in the right direction, i was thinking about dumping plesk all together during the plesk 9,10 era!

Thank you James for this clarification.
I agree Plesk shall not show "Add New Domain" if no domains are available though limits. We will valicate it and fix if necessary.

i wanted to follow up here, running the latest version, we continue to have a button labeled "add domain", when no domains are allowed to be add we need an option to hide this button or auto hide when no more are allowed.

we continue to have a button labeled "add domain", when no domains are allowed to be add we need an option to hide this button or auto hide when no more are allowed.

James, yes, this is a bug.
According to our UI rules in this case (service is controlled by permission and permission is granted, service is controlled by limit and limit is exceeded) we should show disabled non-clickable button.

Back