• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Allow email users to login to Panel

HoracioS

Regular Pleskian
Allow email users to login to Panel to change password

I migrated some thousands mail users to Plesk from ENSIM PRO and now they cannot access the panel to modify the Auto-responders or simply password change.

Something was wrong with migration? How can I enable all users to access it?

Regards,
Horacio

Last edited:
Email users

Horacio, login to plesk -> go to the domain control panel -> go to Users -> create a user and assign them the email address in question.

That user / email address will give them access to the control panel. Do also remember to set the permissions in the Roles for what they can execute while logged in.

Thank you Abdi, but unfortunately it not solve the problem the user cannot change their own password.

or I missing something or Parallels don´t think in the final users. Please IgorG can you clarify if possible to a final user change their own password using Panel?

The only User Roles Plek offer are not suitable for final mail users:

Role name
Accountant
Administrator
Application User
WebMaster

And the roles option to configure are oriented to administrators, there is no option for change their own password:

Access to Panel services
Manage users and roles
Create and manage sites
Configure log rotation
Configure anonymous FTP service
Create and manage scheduled tasks
Configure spam filter
Configure antivirus
Create and manage databases
Configure and perform data backup and restoration
View statistics
Install and manage applications
Design sites in Web Presence Builder
Upload and manage files
Create and manage additional FTP accounts
Manage DNS settings
Install and manage Java applications
Create and manage mail accounts
Create and manage mailing lists
Publish files on the Web

regards,
Horacio

Yes, users can change passwords

Horacio, yes you are missing out something ...

Users can change there own passwords, my users do and I tested it a few minutes ago.
The user roles in there are just default, but you can create your own and define there permissions accordingly.

Please note that after creating the user you link the user account to the email address, that way your user can login to the control panel with there username/email address and password.

And if granted permissions to manage user accounts, then they will see the option to change password.

manually creating thousands of accounts for email users???

I migrated some thousands mail users to Plesk from ENSIM PRO and now they cannot access the panel to modify the Auto-responders or simply password change.

Something was wrong with migration? How can I enable all users to access it?

Regards,
Horacio

Creating a new role account and then creating thousands of users accounts by hand?
Abdi, you are JOKING!

I created a Poll regarding this feature request: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=260766

Script

Te best way to migrate those addresses are to migrate them by Perl or a Shell script.
Otherwise the parallels team could assist, buy a ticket for this support.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back