• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Am I just asking the wrong kinda questions?

and no response to another I posted to
Do not worry about this, I have posted replies and sometimes they don't ever come back to read it, or sometimes takes them weeks, you only just replied to that post earlier today.

As to your other 2 posts, I hadn't seen the one liquidblaze helped you with, must have been on a day that I wasn't able to visit the forum. The other which is still unanswered, I saw it, but did not have any input. Some forum members come by here lots, others only when they have a problem.

Sometimes posts may get overlooked, and occasionally the exact nature of the post is not commonly shared by many, so not many may have input. And sometimes it takes a bit of time for the right person to come along and post an answer.
Am I just asking the wrong kind of questions or do people just not frequent these forums very often?
In comparison to some other support forums, there may be less 'traffic' on this one compared to others, but on many of the other (non Plesk) forums, there are many posts which are just downright wrong and it is more difficult actually tracking down the correct answers. At least on this board, the people are helpful. I have seen some support boards where they are visited often by 'kiddies' and a lot of the posts are derogatory in nature.

Other times posts may get overlooked if there is not enough information about the server and OS/Plesk versions, details about the problem, etc.

Thank you for your reply jamesyeeoc! In fact, there are some posts you've participated in that have helped me out already without having to ask the question . . . so thanks for that too!

I was worried that my questions may be too elementary for people to concern themselves with, hence my somewhat unusual post. I didn't want to waste anyone's time with what may seem rediculous questions which I came so suspect may be happening.

Your explanation makes sense so thanks for calming my fears!

I must learn to be more patient :)

Back