• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Amazon S3 Backup - Connecting to Scaleway Object Storage?

ip00

Basic Pleskian
We have been using DigitalOcean Spaces (S3) as a remote location for server backups with Amazon S3 Backup extension for a few years. There was no problem setting it up or using it.
Now, we have also started using Scaleway Object Storage (also S3 compatible) for backups storage and static files offloading, and it proved to be just a bit better (faster) than DO Spaces.
I thought it would be simple to use it also as Remote Storage for Plesk backups, again with Amazon S3 Backup extensions, but I failed to configure it.
I've tried different combinations of values but nothing worked.
Was someone successful setting up this combination of services (Scaleway Object Storage + Plesk Amazon S3 Backup extension)? Ideas?

Service provider: Custom
API Endpoint URL: https://s3.fr-par.scw.cloud
Login (Key): SC...
Password (Secret): sdfsaf-
Bucket: bigbox (tried: bigbox.s3.fr-par.scw.cloud, s3.fr-par.scw.cloud...)
Path: PSKbackup/ (tried: bigbox/PSKbackup/, /, /bigbox/...)

What I get is (bellow Bucket field): "Unable to check bucket and directory existence. Make sure you are using correct IAM policy (400 Bad Request (Request-ID: tx644298382a7242dcae00a-XXXef12bea))."

1. I resolve this issue yesterday.

You should add region endpoint to extension.

Go to Extensions -> Panel.ini -> Editor
Add at end of file:

Code:
[ext-s3-backup]
RegionForCustomEndpoint = fr-par

Setings for service should be like:
Zrzut ekranu 2020-07-1 o 13.01.19.png

2. But now I have different problem:

I need to change multipart-chunk-size-mb because i receive error "Part number must be an integer between 1 and 1000, inclusive".
I will be glad for help where i can increase multipart-chunk-size-mb value.
Also in Panel.ini?

@Xawier thank you Panel.ini change helped me and it works with Scaleway now.
I've tested with two smaller backup tasks (subscription backups of 500 MB and 1.800 MB), now also a 10.100 MB backup task finished without errors (multivolume 4 part backup). I will try full server backup later tonight.

I haven't seen any errors, but I remember multipart-chunk-size-mb issue from last week when I tried to set up Backblaze B2 as remote storage.

Back