• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Amazon S3 Extension

Rob McDonald

New Pleskian
Ok, upgraded to plesk 17.8.11 and trying to get the Amazon S3 extension to work. It seems to not want to recognize the file path. I have tried everything and it seems to not want to work. What format does it want the file path in?? See attached screenshot for the error message I am getting.

-thanks, RobScreen Shot 2018-03-16 at 9.50.03 PM.png

I don't have direct experience with this, but I believe that "path" is just "path inside the bucket" (like, "/", or "/my-backups", or maybe just empty)

P.S.: I hope you'll have changed the IAM secret by now: not much of a secret anymore... Forget this, I'm an idiot...

Rob, after all... it was it!

I just made a test (backup just finished and checked it was indeed uploaded) and that "Path" is exactly the folder path within your bucket, with a couple of "quirks":
  • The folder name can't be empty nor "/"
  • The folder must be created beforehand using the AWS console
  • Apparently it doesn't matter if you put a leading slash or not
I created a folder named "ams302" (name of my plesk host) in my bucket
put ams302 in "Path" (or even /ams302)

Everything went fine!

Cheers!

One more thing:

Initially I tried to use an IAM identity that has "AmazonS3FullAcces" policy attached to it, but it wasn't accepted.
I had to use an IAM identity with full administrative access to cut through...I don't like that at all.
Probably there is a subset of rights that will be enough, but I have to discover yet...

Back