• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

An error has occurred during publishing via FTP -

S

samantha west

I am running Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder for Linux/Unix Product version 4.5.0 (2008090214)

A couple of months ago I successfully published a couple of test sites without issue.
I logged in today and set up a new site, when I attempted to "Verify Location" I got the following error:
" The site cannot be published to the specified location. An error has occurred during publishing via FTP. Please contact the server administrator "
This happened again when I attempted to publish.

At first I thought I had made an error in setting up the site - but I decided to run the "Verify Location" on my already published sites (without changing any of the details) I got the same error... the settings worked perfectly a few months ago but now do not.

I have checked and rechecked my settings - I can connect to the site via fileziller ftp and my host ftp (I have a hostgator reseller hosting plan) but the same settings are causing the above error when using Plesk Sitebuilder for Linux.

Any advise would be appreciated!

Anyone ..... Please???
I have tried to help myself - similar posts here do not seem to be the same situation and the advice does not work for my case. I have gone through the help files with no luck.
Again - all my settings worked weeks ago - nothing has changed - now the test sites get the same error and I am unable to publish new sites. My ftp settings are correct because they work with other software.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

First of all check the following article http://kb.odin.com/en/1812 and make sure that all server requirements are observed. After that check Sitebuilder admin CP -> Logs section for more detailed error output as soon as you click on "Verify Publication" and get the error. Let me know the output of this error.

Back