• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

An error occured during mailname creation: Improper value.

J

joneschw1

Hello all, I am trying to do a migration from a cobalt raq4 to plesk 7.5.3. I was able to do the migrations succesfully before I upgraded from 7.5.2. Now, I get the following error message:

Failed deployment of mail user [email protected]
Execution of '/usr/local/psa/bin/mail.sh' '--create' '[email protected]' '-passwd' '' '-mailbox' 'true' '-group' 'true' '-multiple-sessions' 'false' '-cp_access' 'false' '-groupmem' 'add:f' failed with the return code 1.
STDOUT:

STDERR:
An error occured during mailname creation: Improper value.

It appears that the user and domain is created successfully, but none of the mail is brought over. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Again, this all worked correctly with 7.5.2.

Im getting the same thing, same situation...anyone know what needs fixing?

Same Problem here - i am getting the following message:

STDERR:
An error occured during mailname creation: Unable to update the mail name properties:
The password is incorrect, use at least 5 characters. The password should not contain mail name as its part.
Only Latin characters, no dictionary words (optional).

as it is clear to me that the passwords are too short i cannot change them as they belong to customer accounts. it would be great to disable the minimum-lenght-check for migration purposes...

any solution yet?

You may want to try to disable Check passwords against dictionary under Server > Mail > on the destination server first before the migration. If the source mainame pwd is relatively easy, it wouldn't be accepted by the destination server if the above setting is ON.

Also, check the source and destination domain limits for size restrictions. If the source mailbox is larger than the destination server quota, the mailname will migrate, but you will loose folder contents.

Hope this helps.

Vyacheslav

Back