• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Urgent - Failed Backup Restore

NITROFOX

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.8
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.57 #2
Hi all,

I had a problem on one of my sites, and I'm trying to restore the backup, but I can't, I always get this error message, I don't know what to do.

Restoration Task Dec 2, 2023 01:55 PM Details​

Warning: Restore domain "site.com"
Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domain.php --update site.com -guid 9dd6d2d9-25b5-4d18-8754-9bd62e35c6c1 -creation-date 2021-03-08 -description '' -hosting true -hst_type phys -do-not-apply-skeleton -ip 94.23.75.119 -www-root public_html -login usersite -passwd '' -passwd_type encrypted -hard_quota 0B -shell /bin/false -ignore-nonexistent-options failed with return code 1. Stderr is An error occurred during domain update: An error occurred during changing of hosting settings: System user update is failed: Unable to execute usermng: usermng: PAM password change failed: 20, Authentication token manipulation error Error description: Additional info: . usermng: Failed to set password for user 'usersite'

WARNING: (Restore domain object 'site.com') Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domain.php --update site.com -guid 9dd6d2d9-25b5-4d18-8754-9bd62e35c6c1 -creation-date 2021-03-08 -description '' -hosting true -hst_type phys -do-not-apply-skeleton -ip 94.23.75.119 -www-root public_html -login usersite -passwd '' -passwd_type encrypted -hard_quota 0B -shell /bin/false -ignore-nonexistent-options failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
An error occurred during domain update: An error occurred during changing of hosting settings: System user update is failed: Unable to execute usermng: usermng: PAM password change failed: 20, Authentication token manipulation error
Error description:
Additional info:
usermng: Failed to set password for user 'usersite'

It could be related to https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...Unable-to-load-object-of-type-SysUser-with-id so you might want to give that a try if you haven't already. If not, you might get a faster resolution time opening a ticket with Plesk support themselves if this is extremely urgent.
I don't think that's it, and I can't create a ticket, because my license is purchased on OVHcloud.

I've tried running more commands and tests and seen more errors like this
Checking and restoring users for the domain site.com
Update existing system user siteuser? [Y/n] y
Updating system user siteuser ................................... [2023-12-03 11:33:50.948] 326360:656c676c30400 ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/usermng' '--mod-user' '--old-user=siteuser' '--new-user=siteuser' '--homedir=/var/www/vhosts/site.com' '--shell=/bin/false'] with exit code [255]
[FAILED]
- Unable to execute usermng: usermng: PAM password change failed:
20, Authentication token manipulation error
Error description:
Additional info:
usermng: Failed to set password for user 'siteuser'

OVH should a be a plesk partner and as such would be fully trained to provide you help as well, you'll just need to open a ticket with them. Likewise you could still get support directly from Plesk by getting a 30 day free trial, you can refer to https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12388090147095-How-to-get-support-directly-from-Plesk-

But otherwise, you can look at https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12377376081047 to see if that fixes your issue. If you have the McAfee antivirus running, you can look at Disable the default Access Protection rules and disable IDS_AP_RULE_PREVENT_MODIFICATION_PASSWORDFILES_LINUX (as found in Resolved - Error when create new subscription/ domain. usermng: Failed to set password for user 'xxx' ).

I still have this problem that is annoying, until today I have not been able to solve it. OVH doesn't want to help, and neither does Plesk support.

@NITROFOX Could you please send me your ticket number that you had with Plesk support?
Hi Peter,

My license is obtained via (OVHcloud), and I can't open a ticket with the license I have, the support is via Ovh with Plesk, and the answer I got was this, I don't have an Ovh ticket number with Plesk.

They (OVH) were very nasty to me and didn't give me a viable solution, apart from preventing me from talking directly to Plesk, they only presented a solution in which Plesk was going to intervene on the server to try to fix the problems, but they didn't take responsibility for anything, and so I had to make a backup image of the server to prevent, But I don't know how to do it, I don't even have the capacity, result, they closed the ticket and didn't want to help me anymore.

Maybe something is wrong with the backup-file. Try an older one, an additional steps back.

Make a snapshot, delete the domain and after restore it. So you evade this domain update steo out of the failture notice. Snapshot is for a step back.

I changed (updated) the password to access the domains and this error disappeared, but now the error is another (https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...anonymous-FTP-account-for-domain-example-com-), basically it's this one, but I don't understand how to solve it definitively, I have already deleted and recreated all the backups and the error continues.

Warning: Restore hosting "example.com"
Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/anonftp.php --update example.com -status true -incoming true -incoming-dirs true -incoming-downloads true -message true -message-text '' -incoming-limit 0B -max-connects 0 -bandwidth 0B -ignore-nonexistent-options failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
Unable to update anonymous FTP account for domain "example.com": Unable to activate Anonymous FTP: A dedicated IPv4 address is required to set up and use anonymous FTP service.

I want to inform you that I solved this problem, pointing out the ip of the sites as dedicated ip, it was as shared ip and this caused the problem of shareip ipv4.

Thank you to everyone who helped me on this topic.

Back