• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

An error occured during mailname update: Unable to restore a link with the Panel user

T

Ted Tucker

I am trying to migrate from a Debian 10.4.4 box to another Debian 10.4.4 box and get the following errors every time I try the migration. I have tried several times and the user accounts never make it over.

I pray I have done something dumb...

Thanks anybody.

-Ted

Error: mailname "[email protected]"
Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/mail.php --update [email protected] -user-guid 18a97ca0-7517-41bd-6120-833664ae7527 -ignore-nonexistent-options failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
An error occured during mailname update: Unable to restore a link with the Panel user. The specified user does not exist.

Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/mail.php --update [email protected] -user-guid 64c36478-c86d-c71d-8580-cd7b3777f0ea -ignore-nonexistent-options failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
An error occured during mailname update: Unable to restore a link with the Panel user. The specified user does not exist.

Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/mail.php --update [email protected] -user-guid a681f7c5-d60f-3132-b857-a4cd3a3bfecb -ignore-nonexistent-options failed with return code 1.
Stderr is

Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/mail.php --update [email protected] -user-guid e91e63a2-0f1b-13e3-b7d6-e77be997056b -ignore-nonexistent-options failed with return code 1.
Stderr is

I too have the same issue - both on 10.4.4 Plesk

Need to migrate over to another server and got similar error on all the mail accounts - my guess would be something about the two mail systems not matching e.g. one on qmail and one on postfix - I did see another post which said about doing an sql query with the id and that showed was on source but not target but no follow up

Any ideas?

Paul

Happening here, too

I am having exactly the same problem. Tried to migrate one domain from a server running Plesk 10.4.4 to another server running Plesk 10.4.4.

-- Art Z.

Actually, it looks like the migration happened properly. The only problem was that the "Mail User" user role did not exist on the new server. This was a non-event because the Mail User role on the old server denied all access so simply not creating the users was equivalent.

-- Art Z.

Back