• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved An error occurred. Contact administrator.

coolingout

New Pleskian
Hello, I am new to Plesk. I have experience with Cpanel. My new vm is running Plesk. I migrated the site over from Cpanel/CentOS7 to Plesk/Ubuntu. The migration went well but when the website loads, there is a banner notification that displays an error "An error occurred contact your administrator". I am not sure what is causing the error. It is displayed every time a page is loaded. I have checked the log files and can't find anything relevant. Any ideas?

Nothing at all if you check this logs?
  • /var/log/apache2/error.log
  • /var/log/nginx/error.log
  • /var/log/plesk-php74-fpm/error.log (Replace the 74 with the php version used by the site)
  • /var/www/vhosts/system/example.com/logs/* (Replace example.com with the affected site)

Thank you for the help. I managed to solve the issue which I believe was database related. Not too sure because there were no log files, but after using a different backup file, I was able to clear the error.

Back