• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Anacron job cron daily

kirk macdonald

Basic Pleskian
Good morning all

I have centos obsidian installed

i also have imunify360 installed with ossec

im getting daily log rotate errors

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:

error: stat of /var/ossec/logs/active-responses.log failed: Permission denied
error: stat of /var/ossec/logs/ossec.log failed: Permission denied

folder permissions are as follows

/var/ossec root ossec 550

/var/ossec/logs ossec ossec 770

/var/ossec/logs/active-response.log ossec ossec 664
/var/ossec/logs/ossec.log ossec ossec 664

This is the content of the file responsible for the rotation which is /etc/logrotate.d/ossec-hids

/var/ossec/logs/active-responses.log {
missingok
notifempty
create 0664 ossec ossec
su ossec ossec

}

/var/ossec/logs/ossec.log {
missingok
notifempty
create 0664 ossec ossec
su ossec ossec

}

if i change su ossec ossec to root root the rotation happens but i still receive the permission denied error every day via email

does anyone know why this is happening and how to solve so we can submit a commit to imunfy360 to remove this bug

Last edited:
Hi Kirk, did you get the problem solved? Having the exact same issue. Hope to hear. Thanks in advance!

Hi Kirk, did you get the problem solved? Having the exact same issue. Hope to hear. Thanks in advance!
i never as i upgraded to centos8 and imunify360 does not work with centos8

create a ticket with imunfy direct and they will show you how to sort it its a rather long process as they have to deactivate the license from the ip then you have to decode the license to get the actual plesk imunify360 license then reinstall via there method but as i was doing this i realised centos8 was released to plesk so i upgraded then realized it dont work at all on centos 8 :D

Back