• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

AnonFTP 550 Error

S

stadifer

I went through and setup AnonFTP so our dealers can download various files from the FTP Server but can't upload documents. To the best of my knowledge it is setup properly but whenever you try to go through an FTP Client or Web Browser it gives the 550 error. One very interesting oddity is that users accessing our FTP via Safari on OSX can open and download documents without getting the 550 error. I was rather perplexed by this.

AnonFTP Settings:
Allow Uploading To Dir: Disabled
Allow Creating of Driectories: Disabled
Allow downloading from incoming directory: Enabled
Connections Limited to 25

I also thought it was odd that the AnonFTP root folder was located under Servers/ServerID/localuser/public directory.

Any ideas? I'm stumped. I've checked the permissions as well as the IIS site and FTP settings and everything seems like it should be green for take off.

Okay I thought I checked all the permissions. Turns out the file I put into the FTP folder didn't inheret permissions and I needed to add the MSFTP_xxx user for it to be downloaded.

That was a fun trip into the land of frustration for no good reason! :D

Back