• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Another ASP Virtual Root Question

T

tobinharris

Hi there,

I have just set up the first and only website on Plesk (Windows 2003 Server). I realised that Plesk creates a virtual folder for each site, which causes problems with ASP and Virtual directories. For example:

The following include is now broken

<!--#include virtual="/includes/db.asp"-->

This is a real pain becuase to get around it I have to do something like

<!--#include virtual="/mysite.com_non_ssl/includes/db.asp"-->

I know I can use the <!--#include file...--> directive but the site is massive and it's a real pain! Does anyone know how to get around this?

Kind Regards,

Tobin Harris

P.S - Don't know if this is relevant, but I noticed that the "Micorosoft ASP Support" checkbox in the domain setup is disabled, saying that the component was not installed. ASP.NET was however. I don't know if this makes a difference in how Virtual roots are handled, but I wouldn't have thought so.

Tobin - I'm also running Win2k3. Make sure you enable ASP support in IIS 6.0 (it is disabled by default). IIS Admin MMC, open up Web Service Extensions, Select Application Server Pages, Click the allow button.

Now while I've done this, under my domain my ASP Component is still disabled. Anyone else know why it isn't enabled? I've recreated the domain, stopped and restarted the plesk services from the control panel, and rebooted the server, but none of that seems to enable that component.

Just remembered that you also need to allow server side includes in the wse folder similar to allowing asp.

ALL,

ASP.net is installed with IIS if you selected to install it while installing IIS.

ASP and SSI (Server Side Includes) on the other hand need to be installed through the Windows Control panel and then you need to enable it on each client in Plesk.

Hope this helps!
Ricardo...:cool:

Thanks! Ended up contacting tech support. I needed to uninstall asp and SSI from windows components, reinstall, then restart all plesk services.

Thanks

Thanks to those who have replied.

I had enabled both ASP and SSL through IIS, and it seems as though the ASP is working. However, the "include" problem is the one that's bugging me the most! Could this be related to Plesk, or is it just an ASP/Virtual root thing!?

Interestingly, I don't see any option to uninstall ASP or SSI in the control panel (add remove programs->components), where do I do this Ricardo! (for Win2K)?

Cheers,

Tobin

Tobin,

I use Windows Server 2003 where installing ASP is optional...

If I am not mistaken I beleive that ASP is installed by default when you install Windows 2000.

Anyways on Windows 2003 it is located in:
- Application Server
- Internet Information Services (IIS)
- World Wide Web Services
- Active Server Pages (ASP)

To uninstall just remove the check mark from the Active Server Pages and click ok!

Removing Server Side Includes (SSI) should be the same way and is located in the same place as ASP.

Like I said I don't have Windows 2000 but it is probably located in the same place.

Hope this helps!
Ricardo...:cool:

Back