• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

another newbie question

K

kroberson

hi there,

Finally got SB provisioned correctly on my dedicated server. Trying to get my publishing server set up correctly in order to accept publishing. Here's what I have:

http://munisites.com/check.php

Please advise what I should request of my host company in order to fix the issues here.

also, info file can be found here: http://munisites.com/info.php

Thanks!
Kevin

ok. thank you Dmitry. I'll see if i can get that cleaned up.

I was not able to see anything directly addressing the folder_permissions_data=fail error in the check.php file. How do i fix that? Should I change the permission settings to 644 or 777?

thanks again and Merry Christmas!

Kevin

In this case user (under which publication goes) should have write permissions on /[Site root folder]/data folder. If permissions are wrong and 'chmod' supported by FTP server we use chmod command to set appropriate permissions. So there is not need to set 777 permissions. As I know, by default permissions for data/ folder are set to 755.

ok. thank you Dmitry. I'll see if i can get that cleaned up.

I was not able to see anything directly addressing the folder_permissions_data=fail error in the check.php file. How do i fix that? Should I change the permission settings to 644 or 777?
Kevin

Back