• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Any plans to support Plesk PHP packages on CloudLinux?

Chris1

Regular Pleskian
Are there any plans to offer Plesk PHP packages on CloudLinux?

I know you can install PHP versions through the CloudLinux selector however the new PHP improvements in Plesk 12.5 look fantastic, it would be great to take advantage of CloudLinux whilst using Plesks PHP packages.

You probably shall ask CloudLinux company about such plans. We cannot speak for them obviously :)

Hi Sergey,

Thank you for your email. But the option to install Plesk's PHP packages doesn't even appear when using CloudLinux, wouldn't this be something Odin would have to implement/support?

On the following page it states "Note: Currently, PHP packages from the Plesk team are available on CentOS 6, CentOS 7, and Ubuntu 14 only!"

http://kb.odin.com/en/118378

How come it isn't available on other Operating Systems such as CloudLinux?

Plesks PHP functionality is a lot better than the CloudLinux PHP implementation, it would be much better to have the cage and limit support from CloudLinux but the PHP functionality from Plesk.

Ohh, turns out I can! The options to install the Plesk PHP versions are still available despite having CloudLinux installed :) Best of both worlds!

Ohh, turns out I can! The options to install the Plesk PHP versions are still available despite having CloudLinux installed :) Best of both worlds!
Chris1,
That sounds awesome. How were you able to use both at same time? I am in same situation and agree that the Plesk implementation looks WAY better.

I do not see the option to install Plesk PHP via the web UI. Do you need to do it via CLI instead?

Hi yabado,

Oh ok, I had one of the Plesk PHP versions installed before I converted the server to CloudLinux, perhaps the option only shows when you do it in this order?

Are you using Plesk 12.5 with CloudLinux 7?

I'm not sure if you can in CloudLinux 6? I've also got another server with CloudLinux 6 and Plesk 12.0 but the option to install Plesk versions does not appear.

Perhaps an Odin rep can advise how to enable the ability to install Plesk PHP's if CloudLinux was installed by default?

I am using CloudLinux Server 6.7 and still Plesk 12.0.18

Are things better using Cloudlinux 7 ? I am using the AWS EC2 Instance sold by Cloudlinux.

Not sure to be honest, I just went with CL7 as it was available and I needed a new server.

I'm not what triggers the ability to install Plesk PHP's with CloudLinux though. It's either because I already had a Plesk PHP version installed before I converted my CentOS 7 server to CloudLinux 7 or its simply now available on CloudLinux 7 now?

We need an Odin rep to confirm which is the case.

Multiple PHP for CloudLinux 6 and 7 available only for Plesk 12.5
Awesome! So we can just disable the CL PHP Selector and switch to Plesk 12.5 offering?

If yes, then what would you suggest for converting our users PHP version so they match what was in the CL Selector? Just do it manually?

Back