• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Any way to reset Plesk backup back to stock?

Matt Grant

Regular Pleskian
I was messing with my plesk-backup-manager file in the /etc/cron.d folder (as per some directions I found on this forum) and now my backups will not upload to the FTP backup server from my hosting provider. I was trying to get the backup to store a copy locally in the server repository and in the personal FTP repository (instead of one or the other) to make it easier for recovery. But instead, have made it so no backups are being uploaded to FTP. I deleted the plesk-backup-manager file from cron.d and it recreated the file after I played with the backup manager from inside of plesk. The contents of the file are different that the file I had edited, so I figured it was good to go. But when I checked it this morning, the backup ran and stored the file locally and not on the FTP. I can deal with it not being saved in both places like I want, I just really need to have it backup to the FTP. If there is no way to set it back to default, can someone post the original content of the the plesk-backup-manager file from their cron.d folder?

I am running Plesk 11.0.9 Update #60

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I just want it back to how it was before I messed with it.

Last edited:
Ok, then how about if someone could please post the contents of your plesk-backup-manager (in (etc/cron.d) folder, so I can replace what I have on mine?

Igor, why aren't you posting in here?

it's from 11.0.9 Debian 6.0 110120615.10 so you may need to chage /opt/psa/ with /usr/local/psa/

# cat /etc/cron.d/plesk-backup-manager
12,27,42,57 * * * * root [ -x /opt/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng ] && /opt/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1
#

Back