• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Anyone else having problems with Magento pricing and product availability?

darealhamsta

New Pleskian
I've been having a problem with a client site for yonks, a known issue whereby it's not possible to change the pricing on a product, or a phantom special price gets set for one. It's also impossible to enable or disable some products. It is a known issue, however I discovered last week that it works perfectly on another vanilla CentOS server, so I think it must be something in Plesk that caused it, possibly a package some time ago.

Another issue I had with these sites was that they were next to impossible to upgrade from 1.6 to 1.7. Had to get a guy to do it in the end, couldn't figure it out myself, and as far as I can see, he had to do it with Dataflow. These sites would probably originally have been Vault packages, but I would have migrated them to standalone some time ago, long before this started happening.

Be interested to hear if anyone else experienced these problems.

I've been having a problem with a client site for yonks, a known issue whereby it's not possible to change the pricing on a product, or a phantom special price gets set for one.

By 'known issue' do you mean known issue on plesk server or known issue with Magento regardless of the server control panel?

The special pricing aspect of it is a known issue with Magento, but the rest of it is unusual. None of the issues seem to be presenting themselves on a vanilla server, so I'm wondering did something change in one of the PHP, Apache or MySQL packages that's causing this. Unfortunately there's no way of pinning down a timeline on this, so I was hoping to find kindred spirits here to help track it down. :) I'd prefer to leave these sites where they are.

Have you already taken a look at the log files while executing those tasks to see any output errors that could give you a clue on how to resolve it?
Alos make sure php_curl is enabled on your server too...

I also think you could get faster and most helpful support if you posted this on the magento forums than here, as I highly doubt this issue has a direct 'to do with plesk'

I've debugged this for months. As I said, I'm asking here because it works perfectly on stock CentOS. I've said that twice now actually.

Back