1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

anyone had a successful upgrade?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by VagrantHost, Dec 10, 2004.

  1. VagrantHost

    VagrantHost Guest

    0
     
    if so, did you use the updater or manual rpms?
     
  2. smtalk

    smtalk Guest

    0
     
    Yes, I have, using autoupdater (on one server) and manual rpms (on other server).
     
  3. Pagemakers

    Pagemakers Silver Pleskian

    31
    80%
    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2007
    Messages:
    664
    Likes Received:
    7
    I used the updated on 2 servers and both results were exactly the same:

    1) Upgrade went OK
    2) PPSWE does not work
    3) Permissions on scripts have messed up
    4) Scheduled backup shows the wrong backup date
    5) Sitebuilder icons don't work in the CP anymore
    6) Langiage on login has changed from 'English' to 'English (United States)' which is fine if you live in the USA

    Apart from that it's been a great day :)
     
  4. DeadEye686

    DeadEye686 Guest

    0
     
    I ran into a few errors with the psa RPM that an updated RPM database fixed. Everything appears to be working perfectly, with the exception of our locale files being a little messed up and not displaying the proper labels. Waiting to hear back from Plesk on that one.
     
  5. GioneNn

    GioneNn Guest

    0
     
    Could you please keep us updated on the labels problem?

    I just upgraded to 7.5 from 7.1.3 (after some problems with the updater in Plesk itself I did it manually with a forced installation). Everything seemed to run smoothly apart from the labels.

    I've tried to replace the conhelp_en-US.php messages_en-US.php files from the rpm directly, this however didn't help :)
     
  6. chickenbak

    chickenbak Guest

    0
     
    I myself am having the problem as well...if you hear anything back from Plesk, please post! Thanks!
     
  7. VagrantHost

    VagrantHost Guest

    0
     
    my upgrade seemed to have gone perfectly.
     
  8. GioneNn

    GioneNn Guest

    0
     
    I just got a reply from my plesk reseller. Telling me to keep in mind Plesk only offers support 30 days after purchase. Correct me if i'm wrong, but in this case their software simply doesn't work properly, since when do clients have to pay that? (sorry, just stunned with their answer :p)

    Anyhow, the suggestion plesk gave them:

    Where they got this idea beats me, I'm just using the standard installation which i tried upgrading. (reckon they had trouble reading through my list of taken actions, this was step 1:eek:)

    I also tried copying files from a fresh plesk installation, this however didn't work.

    Any one else had more luck sorting this out? :p
     
  9. Cranky

    Cranky Guest

    0
     
    Are you actually using a language pack?
     
  10. chickenbak

    chickenbak Guest

    0
     
    I have never ever used any language packs except what is default with the Plesk installation...on one server it upgraded fine, and the labels are correct, on the other it doesn't work.

    I already tried reinstalling locale, even tried uninstalling it, and forcing a fresh install of the rpm..to no avail. I also compared the locale files of the two servers, they seem identical...it is screwed up somewhere in the plesk system.

    Edit: I also tried your sql update statement that they sent you...didn't work.
     
  11. GioneNn

    GioneNn Guest

    0
     
    SW-Soft found the problem.
    Labels are not shown properly due to a misconfiguration in php. (I would never even bother to look there :p)

    You should check the php.ini file, the include_path value should point to /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/locales, not /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/locale

    SW-Soft changed the php.ini file and this seemed to have solved the problem.

    Hope it helps anyone.
     
  12. chickenbak

    chickenbak Guest

    0
     
    Yep, it was the same fix that they gave over here. Finally!!!!!
     
Loading...